Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day?

My Mothers Day was just like any other day. I cleaned, I cooked, I shopped for food. I served my family instead of them serving me. I'm OK with that. My girls gave me some cute little homemade gifts. I'm happy no money was spent on me. I feel loved and appreciated even though nothing "special" happened just because a date on the calendar says I have to be celebrated. Being a mother is a special gift in itself. We've had several miscarriages before we were blessed with our two daughters. Sometimes I wonder why God chose me to be the mother of these two. Sometimes I get frustrated as to why God chose me to be the mother of these two. Most times I'm happy that God chose me to be the mother of these two. I don't need a special day to tell me to have a happy Mothers day. I have one every day if I stop to count the blessings that my daughters have given me that day. Have a happy Mothers day today and every day.

6 comments:

Bridget said...

I LOVE this! I'm glad your Mother's Day was blessed!

He & Me + 3 said...

So so true. It is just nice to make them think we deserve a special day on the calendar. My kids asked when is kids day? LOL Everyday. Hello? :) YOu are blessed & so is your family for having you!

Melissa said...

so very true!!! I am glad you had a blessed Mother's Day :)

Beth E. said...

Sounds like your Mother's Day was a great one!

Sean and Lisa said...

So glad your day was full of love! You are truly blessed!!
Much love!
Lisa

Cheeseboy said...

You deserved to have a happy Mother's Day, just like any other mother, if not MORE so.