
Dear avocado,
How come nobody told me how perfect you are?
I've had you before and I love how you taste.
In the past you have intimidated me just by your looks. I knew you had that big ol' stone inside, and I think that's what scared me away. I vowed never to buy you or use you to prepare any kind of dish. I am happy to say that today I have broken that vow.
From the first slice I saw that you really are a soft, but firm...what are you? Fruit or vegetable? Well well, I just looked you up and you are a fruit. I think that may be another feather in your cap. OK I saw that you really are a soft, but firm fruit. You took the knife quite well. Then I gave you that little spin and how wonderful that you twisted right in half. Now there's that evil looking stone inside you. What to do, what to do? Why, I just had to scoop it out! So easy. I continued scooping out your soft flesh, which was again easy peasy. Your skin was firm enough to hold up while I scooped all of your meat out. In the end I had 6 perfectly cleaned out skins, 3 kinda cute stones, and a whole bowl full of that wonderful green fruit. (who knew, you're a fruit?)
I mashed you and added some wonderful spices, which by the way I never would add to a fruit. I couldn't wait the recommended 2 hours for the spices to marry so I got my chips and made the first dip. Holy Guacamole, do you taste heavenly! I'm sure you'll taste even better when the allotted 2 hours pass, but your beauty just couldn't wait. If anyone would have been around, they would have seen that my large chips ran out and because I needed more, I put the crumbs on a spoon and spooned out some of you and ate it that way. Pathetic? Yes, but oh so worth every crumb and spoonful. I couldn't even wait to sit down, I had to have you while standing up over your bowl.
Now avocado? Sweetie? My stomach is rolling and making strange noises. Why are you tormenting me when I love you so much? Be nice to me please, I gave you a glowing report.
I'll forgive you for making me feeling this way, and I'll see you again in 2 hours.
love, -stephanie-



5 comments:
Bahahaha! Girl, you are too funny! I like avacados and guacamole too...yummy!
LOL!! You're a riot! :)
You are too funny! You make me want to try some (minus the tummy rumbling!).
haha! I hope everything stayed down and that guacamole is forgiven for causing rumbling. In my house, we refer to that as farting.
Oh no. Avocados make my mouth swell and yet I still eat them too.
Post a Comment