Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bad Week/Good Day

The whole family has been sick this week.
Abby was sick last Friday and Saturday.
Phoebe was sick last Saturday and Sunday.
Phoebe came home sick from school on Tuesday.
Abby was sick Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday and today.
I was sick Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday and a little better today.
Perry is starting to get sick today.
Fun times throwing up, diarrhea, fevers, body aches, and I have a major sore throat.
That's the bad part of the week.

The good part of the day was that I got out of the house and bought me a new vacuum.
I know....such a thrill.
Well it is a thrill when the old vacuum refuses to pick up anything anymore.

I got a coupon in the mail from Kohl's for 30% off anything.
I went to Kohl's and saw that the one I wanted was on sale. Bonus points!
But they were out of them. Figures.
I drove to another Kohl's and yay, they had some in stock.
So with their 15% off sale, and my 30% off I got my vacuum for 45% off! ( No s#*t Sherlock.)
I got a total of $91.00 off my vacuum. Plus, I got $20 in Kohls cash to spend next week.

It's a Bissell. Bagless! How cool is it to see all the dirt and crud that comes out of your carpet?! Yup, it's gross. But I love it. Now if it could only do laundry.

6 comments:

Beth E. said...

Goodness! I hope everyone's on the mend, now.

I love a good deal! Sounds like you got a great one on your vacuum cleaner!

April said...

So sorry to hear that y'all have been sick...bless your hearts! Hope things are beginning to look up! Big congrats on your new vacuum! I always rejoice when I find a good bargain!

Melissa said...

oh no! sorry to hear that you all have been sick. praying for you!

on the good side of things...what a great deal on the vacuum! i love finding awesome deals and the use of coupons...now you just need to clean, clean and clean some more and get out all the icky germs out of the house!

Bridget said...

Gracious, girl! I hope the sickies leave your house and everyone feels better soon.

Congratulations on your new vacuum cleaner!!

UnicycleRose said...

I would be excited about a new vacuum also. Sorry to hear about all the sickness. Bad bugs are EVERYWHERE this time of year. Be well and happy cleaning!

Cheeseboy said...

Sorry to hear about the illness. Hope the vacuum will cheer you up.