Yesterday was no exception.
It was Grandparents day at school and the students had a breakfast for them, then showed off their talents. Parents got to come and watch the performances. This is where I cry.
First set of tears...the kindergartners went up and sang a few songs. I cried because Abby was up there.
Then I cried because I was thinking that she is my baby and I will never have a kindergartner up on stage again.
I cried because they did so good.
OK, more grades get up and perform. I'm doing well in the not crying department.
Then the 2nd grade gets up and sings The National Anthem. More tears.
Finally the 3rd and 4th graders wind this show up. Phoebe is in the 3rd grade, so there's no drying up anytime soon. They sang a song, and I did fine. Then they played their recorders (flutes) and I lost it.
For months I listened to Phoebe practice her recorder. She went from horrible to pretty darn good. I wondered how the class was going to sound all together.
They were AWESOME! I was so proud of all of them and my tears were proof. I'm such a sap.
video taken with iPhone
I did fine the rest of the day, until I talked to my sister. We were talking about birthday's which turned to my 50th birthday coming up. I started getting teary. She then said, "well how do you think I feel?" (she is 60) We laughed, bringing tears, because I didn't want to cry anymore.
I know I'm a crier, and I know my hormones are whacked, but good grief!
Oh, and my hips are crying today because we went to a coffee shop this morning and I had this cinnamon roll. It was huge, as now are my hips. This went along with caramel apple cider. Warm heaven.



3 comments:
They did SO good on their program and I can so understand enjoying moments like those, but at the same time realizing you won't get them back or have another like them.
That cinnamon roll looks really, really good...I'm thinking I'll be making some for breakfast here shortly.
And I am crying because I want a cinnamon roll that looks like that!
Wow those recorders sounded great. I hate hearing Actress practice hers at home too...but together with music it does sound good.
I am not a crier...but...sometimes I just need a good one.
Post a Comment