Out of curiosity, I stepped on the scale last night. After seeing the number I decided that this morning was going to be the day I started my walks again. The cookies, brownies, and candy I have devoured lately have attached themselves to my hips.
This morning comes, I'm ready to take the girls to school. First I need to use the bathroom. No problem, it happens every morning. Until...I stand up. What on earth!?
Instant back spasm!
I'm stuck in a half stand up position.
I manage to get through the pain and get myself assembled and my hands washed.
I can walk, but slowly, with my butt stuck out a foot behind me. (which is the exact reason I need to go for a walk in the first place!)
On my way back from dropping the girls off at school, I see many walkers. The first is an old man walking with a cane. Very slow. He is an inspiration to me. If he can get out and walk slow and with a cane, then so can I. I don't have a cane, but I'm not that crippled. I can get out and go slow. At least it will be something. My giant a$$ will thank me for trying.
Have a nice day and be careful when you stand up.

I'm back from my walk. I walked for 45 minutes. I winced a little, but I survived. I saw my shadow and I look like a backwards lower-case h. Not sure if it's how I really look, or if it's from my spasm. I stole an apple off a tree. It's my neighbor 2 houses and around the corner away, so if I feel guilty later, I can go tell them. The apple was good. They have 3 giant trees loaded with apples, and they do nothing with them but pick them off the ground and throw them away, so I didn't feel too bad about taking one. (but then again look what happened to Eve)
I may go ask them if I can pick a bagful. I would offer them a few dollars.
Off to a hot shower to see if that will take my spasm away.
Have a nice weekend.



4 comments:
i started the couch to 5k. My back is killing me too. But it has been for the last few weeks. I feel your pain. I walked/ran thru the pain. I hurt worse. Chiropractor is on the schedule for tonight. You are skinny. In fact in your last post about the fishing I thought you looked super skinny. You are beautiful.
The backward, upside down h put a very strange image in my head.
Keep at it, it will get easier.
In other news, I might blog about your taking names and kicking butt award today.
Ouch, I hope it feels better! Good for you walking, I need to do it more often.
You are too funny! I'm sorry you're having back spasms, though. I get them in my neck and shoulders. They're horrible! Hope you feel better soon.
Post a Comment