We picked 13 pounds! Now to find a use for them.
Abby brought a huge apple to her teacher, because that's what kids do, right? Or is that only if they want a good grade? ;o)
In other news...Phoebe is doing well with her broken leg. Her doctor report found that the bone pulled away from the other side of the bone, but that just means it will take longer to heal. The doctor was not concerned about it.
Yesterday at school, she was scratching her leg by sticking a pen down in her cast. The cap fell off the pen and is now stuck in her cast. We tried to fish it out but we can't get it. Her next x-ray should be funny and a surprise to the doctor. Or maybe not, I'm sure they've seen it all on an x-ray.
Yesterday I went to my 3rd funeral in 2 months. The mother of a friend from high school died. I haven't seen this friend in 11 years! It was a wonderful reunion for us and I made her late for her own mother's funeral. We were talking so much that someone had to come get her and let her know they were ready to start. Oops. It's too bad that it took a funeral to get us back together.
It's a beautiful autumn day here and I'm going to get some laundry on the clothesline. Ahhh, that makes me content.
A happy day to you too.



7 comments:
Ah, yes, the classic pen scratch. I always used a wire hanger.
I love getting apples from my students.
That little apple picker is ADORABLE!!!
I'm glad you got to see your friend, but i'm sorry it was under those circumstances!
I poured baby powder down my cast...didn't help much, but I still did it...
Glad you had fun picking apples and that you got some good pictures of the day!
ohhh apples. my favorite apple is caramel. :)
sorry to hear about 'another' funeral. is it weird i giggled that you made her late for her mom's? :)
I can't believe how the time has flown, either! And she's now 6 months old!
I LOVE picking apples and baking something deliciously unhealthy with them... :)
Sorry to hear about lots of funerals! They do seem to come in waves, and it's never easy.
Apple picking days are the best...sadly we do not have an orchard close to us now that we moved west :(
Whatchya gonna make with all of the apples?! YUM!
I want to take my kids apple picking today. We shall see if that happens. So cute. Too funny about her losing the pen cap down the cast. LOL Hope it doesn't bother her.
Post a Comment