I just realized that I have had it pretty easy around here.
Besides getting them fed and doing their laundry and driving them places I have girl's that are somewhat self-sufficient for their ages.
Then Phoebe broke her leg.
I'm back to helping her get from one room to the next, getting her dressed, bathing her, getting her things, carrying her if needed.
I'm not complaining. She's my daughter and I'll do what I need to do. I am grateful that this is temporary.
A good thing is that I get to go in to the school parking lot right by the door they go in. Everybody else has to use the parking lot across the street.
I help her to her class, come back at lunch time and help her to the bathroom and the lunchroom then sit with her while the rest go to recess. I get her back to her classroom then go back later to pick her up from school. Her classmates are more than happy to help her throughout the day.
Her first week was horrible.
She had lots of pain in her leg and some emotional pains too.
Monday she stayed home. Tuesday she went back but was so overwhelmed by pain and everybody paying so much attention to her that she came home at noon.
Wednesday she stayed all day but didn't want to. Thursday she said she was sick so I had her stay home. She stayed all day Friday. Saturday we went to ChuckECheeses for Abigail's birthday. Abby had a blast, Phoebe did OK. Sunday was church and she did well there.
Phoebe is feeling much better this week. She hardly has any pain and she can get around better.
This morning at school they had a fire drill and Phoebe said she moved pretty quick on her crutches out the door to the parking lot.
Tonight I gave her a good head scrubbing. Why is it that kids don't care that they're dirty? If I hadn't had my hair washed in over a week I'd be grossed out. After it was done she did say that it felt much better.
Friday she goes to the doctor to see how things are progressing. I think they're progressing just fine.
More from the past week...
we got locked out of our house and had to call a locksmith. (note: if you change the locks on your door, don't take the spare keys that have your old house key on it)
battery died on the car.
Phoebe lost another tooth.
2 birds crashed in to our window and chirped their last chirp on our patio. ( I wonder who the leader was?)
Hope this week is better.
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
'chirped their last chirp' - that's kind of sad...
I wish that when I was in a cast due to foot surgery, I had had someone to wash my hair for me!
What a great mom!!!
I'm so sorry that Phoebe broke her leg but so glad that she's doing better this week. Hope she continues to heal and have no pain. I didn't get around on my crutches very well, so she's a supah star!
Poor Phoebe...sorry to hear about her leg! I hope she heals quickly and can get back to her regular routine.
I wash my hair every day, so I can't imagine going a week without washing it! lol
Hope your week is going much better than last week!
I'm sorry that Phoebe broke her leg but am glad that she's doing better this week. Hope she continues to heal and has no pain
Hope your week is going much better than last week.
Wow you are super busy taking care of your girl. Sorry about the birds :) Kindof funny but sad.
Battery dying is no fun. Agent just had that happen two weeks ago.
Post a Comment