Thursday, August 19, 2010

Catch Up

All summer we did a whole lot of not much.
There was tons of rain, followed by heat too hot to be outside.
Then came August.
We got some swimming in at the beach.
We visited a little amusement park where tickets for rides cost a quarter.
We found our 1000th geocache.
2 weeks ago a friend and former neighbor died. He was 39. Left a wife and 2 young girls. That wasn't cool. We went to his funeral which is 4 hours away from our house. We did manage to make a mini vacation of it for the girls. We stayed in a hotel and they got to swim at the pool and they thought staying in a hotel was neat.
Last weekend was a mega geocaching event 1 hour away from us. The girls stayed at grandma's house and Perry and I had a lot of fun geocaching with his nephew and his girlfriend. We stayed overnight, and cached a little on Saturday morning, but had to miss the rest of the weekends events because we had to attend my nieces wedding on Saturday afternoon.
She got married in a park, with the dinner and reception outside at the park too. It was so hot and mosquito-y and we were tired and kinda crabby, but we managed to have a nice time. The wedding was beautiful. The large pig they served...not so beautiful. Something about the cherries for eyes and the apple in it's mouth. :o( It was delicious though.
School starts next Wednesday and what do I go and do?
I plan a rummage sale. I was up til the wee hours of the morning gathering things and pricing them. We started setting up all week, and today we had the garage packed so we opened for business a day early. The sale will go on tomorrow and Saturday until dark. Then I have to clean it all up. It better all sell!
Monday is some school function. Tuesday, the mothers want to get the 4 girls in the 3rd grade together. Wednesday school starts. At least I have all their school supplies. Well most of them anyway.
So all summer we do nothing, and we pack a ton of stuff in the last 3 weeks of summer vacation.
I'm looking forward to my mornings of quiet. I need a nap.

4 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

You sound like me. This week has been insane. I can't wait for school to start just to get back to some sort of routine & maybe some quiet too. Crazy as the routine may be atleast it will be organized crazy.
Sorry to hear about your former neighbor passing away. that is just so sad.

Cheeseboy said...

Wow. You've been very busy this summer. That is a total bummer about that young friend that died.

Wayne said...

Hey Stephanie, Looks like you have had quite a busy time, I read that you guys went swimming, I too went swimmimg when I went to see jenn, and I loved it. i hadn't been swimming in so long.

Thank you for your comment

amanda said...

darn. i wish i would've seen this sooner! i could've came to your rummage sale.