I asked them if they wanted to sell cookies and lemonade and they quickly jumped on that bandwagon and began making plans. The rest of the way home they chatted about the signs they would make. Phoebe came up with the idea that they could give the money to the animal shelter and Abby agreed. Melted my heart.
Once home, they made up the signs and were so excited for the next day to get here. Abby even went to bed earlier than normal so daytime came sooner.
This morning we went to get the needed supplies and got started on our task.
We baked 48 cookies and mixed up 2 gallons of lemonade.
They set up shop at 11:30 a.m. and waited for their first customer. Our neighbor across the street was the first to come. Finally more and more people showed up and they kept busy until we shut down at 4:00 p.m. 22 customers total. They charged 25 cents for a glass of lemonade and 25 cents for 2 cookies. Their goal was to make $10.00.
They brought in $28.00! I believe everybody gave more than they owed, and told them to keep the change. There are some big-hearted people in this world.
They are thrilled to be able to use their $28 for the animal shelter, which we will deliver tomorrow. Instead of handing over the money, we will buy food or supplies that the shelter uses.
I am very proud of my girls. All I did was sit on the porch with my book. They did the rest.
Great job girls!



7 comments:
$28?! That is more than I make for a day of teaching!
Also, I noticed the Taking Names and Kicking Butt award and I think it is the most awesomenessst things I have ever seen! I love the picture.
Congrats. you deserve it.
That is so awesome. How cool is that that they made $28! wow.
I love their signs too. Super cute.
Ahhh...I loved this! Your girls are so cute!
What fun! I wish I was able to come by and buy a glass and have a treat!
So cute :)
Awww, how sweet!
that's so great! i remember doing the same thing when i was little. everyone always gave more than the 10 cents we charged! it was fun. and what a blessing for the animal shelter too!!
Stephanie! What little sweethearts they are! & cute little ones at that :) Thanks for sharing this with us, it is the little things like this that just make our mommy heart soar isn't it :)
Great job girls!!!
Post a Comment