Thursday, March 11, 2010

Why don't they learn?

This morning Phoebe tried pulling the "I'm too sick to go to school" line. I took her temp. Normal. No coughing. She looked and sounded just fine. I told her that God knows if she's lying. She said she's not lying. I told her no running around or playing. She said she won't. I asked her what test was going on at school today. None. Then she said maybe a math test. She looked to see what was being served for hot lunch today. Her favorite! Oh well, she said she would just have to miss it, and I would have to make it for her in a few days. HA! I was all ready to call her in when at the last minute she said she would go. She had less than 5 minutes to get ready, and I would have food for her to eat on the way. She made it. When will she learn that I was once her age and tried pulling the sick thing on my mom too. If I stayed home, by mid morning I was so bored that I didn't pull being sick again for a long time. When will she learn that I know what her next move is going to be. I've been there, I've pulled every move possible. Sometimes it worked, but I really didn't get away with anything. God knew just what I was up to.

It is very foggy out today. Leaving late and driving in this soup was no fun. Why don't people learn that when it's foggy out that their headlights should be on!!! Just crazy how many cars I saw at the last second because of no lights. No wonder accidents happen.

A long time ago I said I was about due for a giveaway. I was going to celebrate my 200th post. I believe this post is my 321st post. When will I learn to do what I've set out to do? HA!
I will be on the lookout for something to giveaway. Hey Heidi, can I take over your giveaway of giving away "a big ol' box of crap"? It will be good crap.
There, now that I said I was going to plan a giveaway, I hope it won't take over 100 more posts before I actually do it.

Have a God day!

9 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Mine tried to pull that the other day too. I held my ground and she ended up in school just fine. Silly girls.
Big ole boxes of crap are fun. Mystery prizes. LOL
Congrats on making it to 200 posts and beyond:)

Grace said...

Sick Day's {everyone needs them lol}!I'm glad she is feeling better and that she made it to school.Amazingly my kids would rather go to school then stay home with mean ol'mom.Have A Great Day!..P.S..A box of crap sounds like something I could giveaway!

C.C. and Double T said...

You are funny, my bloggy friend. Thanks for brightening my day! :-)

Bridget said...

Kyle tried that a couple of weeks ago when he forgot his book report...I took him anyway even though it was tough!!!

amanda said...

lol. i remember waiting til i got to school. then pulling it on my teacher. who let me call my grandparents (because my parents were working). who came and got me. :0) i guess teachers aren't as tough as they appear.

i guess that's one thing my kids won't be able to pull on me. since i am their teacher. and their mom. and i am tough. :0)

a giveaway? of crap? what could be better?

Melissa said...

this post made me laugh! thanks for brightening my day! my daughter is not in school yet but she pulled my tummy hurts, i am going to puke the other day. she knows puke freaks me out and wanted her daddy to come home from work. darn kids! :0)

heidi said...

Do it! Everyone loves a big ole box of crap, man.

christy rose said...

LOL When will we all learn! I think the answer is "Never!" :) Thank God that He is so merciful!!!

wife.mom.nurse said...

So cute... I am glad he was not really sick!

When I was little i ran the thermometer under the hot water in the bathroom...

I was soooo busted!