Sunday, March 7, 2010

What's Been Going On

Nothing major going on.

Abby has a cold and a slight fever. As I sit here on the computer, apparently Phoebe is watching over my sick child. She covered her up with a blanket, got a table, got her a box of Kleenex, taped a bag to the table for used Kleenex, and has her thermometer ready for use. Which by the way, Phoebe just told me "We have a problem here, Abby's temp is rising. It's back to 101." She's a better mom than I am. I took the picture though.

Abby keeps asking how many more sleeps until she has a playdate with her preschool friend.
It's 2. She is sooo excited. Hope the sickies goes away.
She draws me something everyday. Her drawings crack me up. She's 5.

Phoebe and I made a cake. It wasn't that good. :o( Don't know why. But we had fun making it. :o)
Of course we licked the beaters and the bowl!

Phoebe had a meltdown yesterday. If that's a prequel to teenager stuff, I want off the boat. Good grief!
Phoebe talks on the phone to an old schoolfriend every day! Perry can't understand why they talk everyday, but I as a former girl, understand. Sometimes I overhear what they are talking about. Cracks me up.

We had a nice dinner party Friday night with the parents of one of Phoebe's school friends. Her friend came too. I cheated and served the Tuscan pasta dishes from Pizza Hut. I did serve salad and other stuff that I made, but the main dish I cheated. Don't let Pizza Hut fool you. They say a dish serves two. So with 7 people I bought 3 lasagnas and 2 chicken alfredos. Serves 10 right? No. Serves about 20 or more! We ate a lot and had so much left over. They took a tray home. It finally hit me that Pizza Hut just wants to make money. Imagine that.
After dinner, we adults played Trivial Pursuit. Perry couldn't believe that his highly intelligent IQ was being scrubbed by.....ME! The game was taking forever, so we quit when Perry caught up to me, and we called it a tie. HA! It was a fun night.

Perry's not been traveling for work for 2 weeks. It's been nice to have him home for awhile.

Pearl is her normal cat self.

Spring is starting to arrive here in the north. Temps are rising to the mid to high 40's. That's no coat weather in these parts. HA!

Holy major accident on Friday! Perry and I were traveling to a nearby city to pick up some prescriptions. I noticed some odd smoke-like stuff in the air and wondered about it. Police were directing traffic too so we thought there was a fire somewhere. Then I noticed there was too much smoke around to be a fire. We saw that it was fog. But just over 2 nearby cities. We drove over the highway and could not see much in front of us at all. After a few miles it totally cleared up again and it was as sunny as could be. When people were driving on the highway, they suddenly hit a wall of fog. Very dense fog. So they went from driving 65 or more to hitting their brakes when they couldn't see any more. It resulted in this. photo by Sharon Cekada
The highway was shut down for hours. Thank God nobody was killed. 16 were injured, with only one seriously injured.

I just heard Phoebe ask Abby is she wanted anything. Abby asked her to take her temp again. I best be going. It seems I have children to tend to.

10 comments:

Bridget said...

I'm sorry that Abby is feeling bad...it's so sweet that Phoebe is taking such good care of her, though! Future nurse, perhaps? :D

Have a great week!

amanda said...

no fun with a sick kiddo. but at least you have a good at home nurse. and i'm sure you don't even have to pay her, just let her sleep and eat at your house!!

i heard about the accident, but never saw a picture. wow.

we went to pizza hut last year and a friend of ours ordered the lasagna for HIMSELF. we all thought it'd be fine. yeah. i think he was eating it for a WEEK!! lol.

praying abby gets better soon!!

McCrakensx4 said...

Hope your sickie is feeling better...I have been hearing that a lot. And I love the red checkered apron on Phoebe...so cute! Bummer that the cake wasn't all the good. Hope you have a good week.

McCrakensx4 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
McCrakensx4 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
He & Me + 3 said...

I love this post. I love the way you write...just how you talk. So funny. YOu are a hoot & I know we would get along great in real life. I am glad that Phoebe is such a helper. Love that you made a cake...but sorry it wasn't that good. LOL Hope Abby is better soon and that noone else gets the sickies.

Grace said...

I hope Abby gets to feeling better soon.Sick kids are no fun!That was a huge accident!We are luckly in the 60's and 70's during the day now.I love spring!

heidi said...

I love that Phoebe is taking care of Abby - so cute!

Holy Wreck!!

I don't like cake anyway but I'm glad you had fun making it!

christy rose said...

Aww! That is so sweet that Phoebe liked taking care of Abby. Hope she is feeling better now!!

I can not believe that wreck. That is awful!! I am glad that no one got killed.

wife.mom.nurse said...

oh my goodness! that looks SCARY~