
We cache in all kinds of weather.
We find time to play in all kinds of weather too. It was sooooo cold that day.Geocaching takes us to all different kinds of terrain.

It even takes us underground, through pipes, in 3 feet of water.
Sometimes we're out all day, caching in to the sunset.
We even cache in to the dark of night. Old Eagle Eye strikes again.

Some people go all out to hide a cache. We love it. We have met several new friends through geocaching. When a new cache is published, it's a race to be the FTF. (First to Find) We sign the log and always post, TFTC (Thanks for the cache) The girls are always excited to find swag items. (Trade items) Phoebe collects bouncy balls and jewelry and Abby likes jewelry, plastic lizards or vehicles.Geocaching gets Perry off the computer and in to the great outdoors. (except for the one we found in the library) We have hidden 33 caches ourselves, and enjoy reading the comments that people write when they find them.
Perry has found a few caches out of state while he's traveling for work.
For us geocaching is a great family fun time, without spending a lot of money. Just the gas to get you to where you want to go, maybe lunch thrown in. Oh, and a GPS might help some.



11 comments:
Ok, I don't have A CLUE what you're talking about, but now I have to google and find out. :o)
i've heard of others doing that. it seems like a great family thing to do together!!
and don't you love how grandma spoils them. even when you say NO right in front of them. i generally just get over it, but know that i for sure will not be like that...lol.
Never tried it. I may have to find out more about it in our area and see. Glad you have something your family likes to do together!!
Geocaching sounds like so much fun! What a great thing to do as a family...even if Abby's not so into it right now. :) We're still (mostly) patiently waiting for baby here...if we're still waiting for her this weekend and if it's nice out, I can talk Donny into going geocaching for the first time so that we can get some fresh air and do lots of walking! :)
This Ozark farm chick thinks this is an excellent family activity especially since you have old Eagle Eye there to help ya'll out. This world would be a better place if families spent more 'real' time together.
God bless ya'll from the hills and hollers of the Missouri Ponderosa!!!
I have never done that with my family but I have heard about it and it sounds like it would be a great family activity!!
That really does sound fun. Great pictures and doing something together as a family is always great!
That sounds like a lot of fun! We have never done it but I think it would be neat. I'm going to look into it.
It is alot of fun for the family.I don't go when it's cold but I do go when it's warm :)
okay, I have never heard of this! But HOW COOL! I think I would be WAY too competative for this& would drive my whole famliy NUTS!!! But I am so excited to hear about it! Thanks for teaching me something new....I am ALWAYS the last to know...which Porbably wouldn't be too good when it comes to geocaching huh? :) Cool post! And I love the pic on the seesaw in the snow!!!
Not sure what it is exactly...but it sounds a little like a scavenger hunt...which my boys would love for sure! Sounds like lots of fun family time! Great pics!
Post a Comment