We interrupt this marriage for the opening of deer hunting this weekend. Husbands all over the state, my husband in particular, will flock to the great up north to try to bag the big one.Orange clothing will be seen throughout the hundreds of acres of woods. With guns slung over their shoulders, many will traipse through the brush to find the perfect spot to sit, while waiting for the crack of a twig, or a snort from the beast.
Hearts will pound when they hear that sound. Guns will slowly raise. Trigger hairs are placed on the heart, and.....KAPOW! He's down. Or he's off and running.
Following the blood trail until it is found no more.
There he is....the king of the WI forest.
Ready to be eaten and the horns mounted, to be bragged about at a later date.
Tomorrow morning at sunrise it starts. Opening day of deer hunting in WI for the next 9 days.
My name is Stephanie and I'm a deer hunting widow.



7 comments:
Haha, love it. Good luck to your husband!!
Too funny. My sister feels the same way...but her husband hunts for every animal in every season so he's gone most of fall and winter!
Cute girlies!
Blessings.
You are too cute. I am that way during the start of every sports season because hubs is an Athletic director. :)
Love it and I can totally relate! My first husband was an avid hunter and I was a member of the hunting season widow club!
Hey, just wanted to stop by and thank you for posting about our GIVEAWAY!!!
Best of luck on Friday night. Should be exciting!
Loved the title of this post!
I can relate!
Post a Comment