Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Do not...

Do not clean and purge the toy box when your young child is home.
The result: Young child ends up in tears over everything you want to throw out. Even a half of a plastic egg.

Do not ask young child if she is a pack rat.
The result: She says yes.

Do not try to get up from under a table before your head is out from under the table.
The result: Extremely sore, throbbing head.

Do not pick a scab.
The result: Several more weeks of healing of the new scab that has to form first.

Do not start to vacuum at 9 p.m.
The result: Half the household wakes up.

Do not cry at the rehearsal of your young child's Christmas musical.
The result: You embarrass the oldest child sitting next to you. Not to mention yourself.

Do not challenge your husband to a leg lift contest. (lie flat on back, hold both legs up about 6 inches off the ground)
The result: 2 stubborn people who won't give up while crying out in pain as your stomach muscles burn, which results in stomach muscle pain the next day.

Do not ask who won the leg lift contest
The result: I said don't ask!

Do not ask your husband why he won't take you hunting.
The result: He might tell you.

Do not tell your husband you will not make chili for the hunting party this year.
The result: He says "no big deal. I'll have my mother make it" which in turn results in you making the chili for the hunting party this year.

Do...have a wonderful day.

6 comments:

Bridget said...

Michael and Kyle are both packrats so if I get rid of stuff, it's while they are gone...then I'm like "I don't know what happened to it, where did you last see it?"

Sounds awful, but come on, they are not seriously going to need the broken remote for parts later...

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

HAHA!!

Amanda said...

Love it!

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh girl you are too funny. I think it is harder for me to part with some toys than the kids. LOL

Grace said...

LOL that was a good one.I'm glad I am not the only one that believes in throwing out half plastic eggs.Do you ever wonder where the other 1/2 is?

E @ Scottsville said...

Ha ha ha, those were so cute!!!

Hey, I think you SHOULD dare to do the leg lift thing EVERY night. Just out of sheer stubborness, you'd both get rock hard abs!

ha ha ha

Happy Friday!