Went to my sisters house on Saturday for her birthday party. She lives out in the country, and the weather was so beautiful for November in WI, that the drive made me want her to live farther away. My sisters and I and a great time celebrating with her. I ate too much.
Church is always a pleasant place to be on a Sunday morning. The kids had a bake sale for missions and I bought some cherry bars (too doughy) and the most incredible applesauce, raisin bread I have ever eaten. It being covered in cinnamon and sugar didn't hurt either. It's half gone. (Shred video coming up)
The girls and I went to the cheap seats movie, Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs. I liked it a lot. Pretty funny. My beef about it....the theater is huge, about 30 people showed up, and a huge family had to sit right behind us. And they soooo sneaked popcorn in, because popcorn does not come in paper bags and it was so noisy with their hands rattling the bags all through the movie. I know, I know, we should have moved. We didn't, I survived. I still liked the movie.
The best part of the weekend started on Friday. Abby had a playdate with a friend from school. I went with her and had a great time with the mom. She mentioned her and her husband were married 10 years, I mentioned I was married 10 years, and started having children at a late age. She said "ya right, you're not old" "There is no way you are over 40"!!! I LOVE HER! I told her I was 48 and she just about dropped. What a great way to start a weekend.
Tomorrow....Thanksgiving dinner shopping. I must get that turkey thawing!



10 comments:
You do not look over 40! You are beautiful! Glad you had such a fun weekend. My friend totally brings microwave popcorn to the movies...Isn't that why you go to the movies...for the popcorn? LOL
I totally agree, you do not look over 40 at all!
Sounds like a great weekend. Joe's dad lives out in the country now, and I love driving out there.
It does sound like a nice weekend! You did so much! I am a MN girl & so much seemed like it could have been my weekend too! Have a great long weekend with your family...just think of all the extra fun we can have with those extra days!
I would have never guessed to to be over 40 either.Would you mind to share your secret?I have had my turkey out since Thursday night {in the fridge of course}.I am just ready to give up and eat eat eat!!!!
Glad u had a terrific weekend :)
Hope you enjoy the Thanksgiving festivities :)
So glad you had a great weekend. =0)
Mine was BUSY and I'm wishing it wans't over already --- but I'm looking forward to the Thanksgiving Holidays, so....
Sounds like you had a great weekend! I want to see that movie, too!
Gotta love friends like that!
I've heard good things about that movie. I used to read that book to my first graders. They loved it! :)
i'll have to see the movie!! it was on my list to see, glad it's good. boo to the family who sooooooo sneaked in popcorn. at least they didn't throw it at you! lol. i also love the list of do not's. too funny!!
Of course you don't look over 40 like ME. :o)
I'm glad you had a great weekend!
Post a Comment