Friday, September 18, 2009

What a Week!


Sick sucks. It just does. I wasn't sick, Phoebe was. Pneumonia.

A small case, but nevertheless, pneumonia.
She was home from school for 4 days. Which means a pile of homework. I picked it up on Wednesday, and she slowly picked at it throughout Wednesday and Thursday.

Her fever finally went away, and she went to school today. It was so sweet how her classmates yelled out her name as they saw her come in. Her teacher gave her a hug and said she was glad to see her back. Hmmm, am I glad she went back? 2 cases of strep in her class and a case of head lice in the school. sigh.

With Abby in school for 3 hours, 3 days a week, I was kind of looking forward to having some alone time, because I had tons of stuff to do to get ready for Abby's birthday party tomorrow. Sickness didn't let that happen for me.

But then Phoebe did go to school today which gave me 3 hours to get all that shopping done. Right?

Wrong.

I was having some chest pains the other night, along with pain running down the arm and across the jaw. Heart attack! I called Perry at 1:30 a.m. across the states and I really should know better. I was feeling OK and just wanted some sympathy lovin, but he got all freaked out on me. "Call the hospital, get an ambulance, call my mom to watch the girls"!!! Sheesh! He finally made me call a 24 hour nurse and see what they said, and she said the pain would have stayed and gotten worse. It did not do this so I wasn't too worried. I did not need to rush off to a hospital at 2 in the morning.

Perry wanted me to get it checked out so I had a treadmill stress test this morning. Good grief that's a killer. I love to walk, but I normally don't run extremely fast uphill. I made it through and the nurse didn't see anything major, but the heart specialist has to check it out and I'll know next week my results. Next week! I could be dead by then. Nahhh...really I feel fine and it was probably just acid reflux, which I am told has the same symptoms.

Couldn't have anything to do with the half a bag of Ruffles I ate late that night now could it?

I don't feel this test was a waste of time though. Better to be safe than sorry.

I did vlog all of this, but it wanted no part of uploading to a post. Another wonderful part of my week.

I did make it through the week. I was able to sneak in 2 hours at a friends house for some prayer and a little bible study. (thank you dear MIL for picking my child up from school and keeping her for a bit) Perry got home this afternoon from being gone to work for 12 days, (I really have a lot of respect for single parents) and I set out and got all my birthday party shopping done.

I must get my children to bed even though it sounds like they want no part of that.

Have a great weekend.

7 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh no...I am so sorry about the sickness. I hate it when my kids are sick. Glad she is better. I hope the party goes well. HOpe everything comes back great on your test too. Stop by the 5 Moms blog today. We are having a giveaway, or you can get to it from my personal blog.

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Aww poor Phoebe! Pneumonia is awful, I'm glad she is all better now. I'm also glad you're okay, that had to have been scary.

Good luck with the party!!

Bernadette said...

aww...having a sick kid is the worst, glad she's feeling better now. ...at my daughters school they already have a plan set up to close the school in case of a flu outbreak. I guess they're thinking it's going to be a bad year for flu.

I get acid reflux at night if i eat before bed...lol, IF, I always eat before bed and always get acid pains at night. tums kick butt for a quick fix.

Bridget said...

Hope Phoebe gets to feeling better and hoping for great test results for you. I've been there and know it had to be scary!! Take care!!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Oh goodness what a week. Praying you all feel better soon.

wife.mom.nurse said...

Praying you both are much better. What scares!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Glad to hear that Phoebe is feeling better and that you didn't have a heart attack. Bless your heart. Chest pains can be scary! Glad you got checked out. :)