Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Update on my rant from previous post

The verdict is in about Abby and the added hat that I did not want in her preschool picture.

If you have no idea what I am talking about see post below.

I am not happy with any of Abby's pictures.
Yes, she was adorable in most of the shots. A few not so good. Bad posture, goofy smile...

They took the photos outdoors, which made for a nice backdrop.
However.... there must have been some wind, because pieces of her hair were in weird places on her head. A strand here, a strand there. Real noticeable and out of place and it is the first thing your eyes are drawn to. Arrrgh!

The full body shot I did like seemed like it was mostly background and a little of Abby. Just seems like you would focus on the child more than the bushes and brick wall of the school and the grass. Am I wrong? Help me out here all you photographers.

And then there was the hat.
Very cute I must say, very very cute, but IT'S NOT WHAT I WANTED! another scream!
Not to mention a strand of straw sticking straight up on the top of the hat. Could this photographer not see this? After seeing Abby's beautiful green eyes first, (wait a minute...she has blue eyes! They changed her eye color to match her shirt! good grief!) I was immediately drawn to the little sprig of straw on the top of the hat. Grrrr, the more I type the madder I get.
It did cover up the blowing hair though.

Perry thought the hat was a dumb idea too, so I will just take her somewhere else, in the same clothes and get them taken. For a lot less money too. My goodness these are expensive. Or are they expensive just because I'm not happy with them? Probably so. If they were just what we wanted, then I probably would pay the high price for them.

So that's that. She get's no business from us except maybe an e-mail at how disappointed we were.

8 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh that is a bummer. Maybe she is going to crop the full body shot in some? Sorry you were so disappointed. I would let the photographer know about the hat for sure.

Bridget said...

I'm sorry they didn't turn out. I'm glad you can take her somewhere and have them done, but still...I would definitely send the email.

E @ Scottsville said...

Man, that's soooooo aggrevating. They really should let we moms be there to spiff'em up first. But like who has time?

Goodness. Why don't they just hire ONE photographer mom to be there to make all the kids look good first? Would that be so hard? I would volunteer for that job just so all the mommies would be HAPPY.

So are you gonna upload the pics? Or no? Sorry it worked out like that. Yea, just go have 'em done somewhere so you have some that you're happy with.

C.C. and Double T said...

You tell 'em!!!

Amanda said...

I'd be mad, too! Coincidentally, I'm working at a studio again in GB...we're super cheap, and the photos are good quality. Just send me an email if you're interested... :)

Grace said...

Oh I'm afraid I would be spitting nails.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

That stinks. At our school we used to have several PTA moms around on picture day to help make sure the little darlings looked their best before the pics were taken. Not much they could have done about the hat, though.
I do believe I'd be headed to another photographer. :)

heidi said...

They did NOT change her eye color?!?! Are you flippin kidding me?! Holy cats I would've been LIVID, too.