
This is the last weekend of summer vacation. Phoebe starts school on Tuesday. She's ready, and excited. We had a fun filled summer which included Phoebe learning how to ride a two wheeler, and the girls became better swimmers and were not afraid to go under water.
We hit a few zoos, and took long rides around the state.
We started geocaching which resulted in Perry getting poison ivy. He is suffering with it now and has been for over a week. No fun for all involved.
With the start of school, the girls are losing a few good friends. Phoebes best friend from school is going to be home schooled this year.
The two girls down the street that have lived here for over a year, but just started hanging with our girls since the 4th of July, are moving back to their hometown about 4 hours away. They have been stuffing in as much together time as they can before they leave on Monday.
A wonderful ladies bible study yesterday resulted in confessing our sins to our Great God, with many a tear shed, but oh what a cleansing. This brought us so much closer to God and each other. Love them.
It's raining it's pouring, I'm sure somewhere an old man is snoring. It's supposed to be a cool blustery day tomorrow only around 60 degrees. What a way to end the summer.
School week weather brings the low 70's, which I believe is perfect for going back.
I've been lacking in having anything to post about, but still enjoy making my rounds to other blogs.
I've been keeping up with my Shredding. I try to do it every other day with some other kind of exercise on the off days. I'm on level 2 and in no way am I ready to hit level 3 anytime soon. I'm not shredding any pounds, but I am shredding inches, and that's what matter to me. I'm feeling not so blobby. The rolls around my middle are shrinking.
My sister has been laying in a hospital bed since Monday with viral pneumonia. With an immune system that is little to none, this is extra dangerous for her. Her attitude is great and she has the right mind to beat this.
That's about all I've got for now. Summer vacation has been good to us, and Phoebe says it was very nice, but it went kind of quick.
I'm sure postings of 1st days of school will be coming soon. Have a wonderful weekend.



11 comments:
I was so happy to see your post up here. I have missed you. My kids still have one more week before school. These last few weeks have dragged on. They need to go back so I quit buying them stuff for school. LOL
Sorry that the girls will be losing so many friends and that hubs has poison Ivy. ITCHY!
Saying a prayer for your sisters healing. Good job on the shredding. I gave up after about 45 days of doing it straight. I need to get back to it. I feel blobby without doing it, so I know it works.
Can't wait to see first of school pics. Those are my favorite...
Hey girl! I'm so glad that you all had a great summer! It does go by quickly, doesn't it?!
Hope your sister gets better, and Perry, too.
Lotsa news!
It's great that your little girl is excited about school! Love that!
So glad you had a great summer. I envy the temperature you are enjoying...we were up to 108 today. Typical back to school weather!
I am praying for your sister. Glad she is in good spirits.
~Julie
I think it sounds like you all had a great Summer. Seems like it just started, doesn't it?
Great job on your exercising! I looked at my butt in the mirror yesterday, and now have the motivation to exercise as well.
I will say a prayer for your sister, I hope she recovers quickly.
Ya know, at the end of every summer I suddenly feel that yet another year has passed and I'm another year older. I never feel that way in the Spring, it's always at the end of Summer. So I dread the end.... I'll miss it.
Hope your girls have a great new beginning of school this year!
Good job on the excercising!
I hope your sister feels better soon.
Have a great last weekend of summer.
oh i hate school!!! (wow, i sound like one of the kids) we still have another week here and i am so glad.
hope this will be a great year for all of you. what bible study are you doing?
i quit the shred after just a few days. those jumping jacks are killer for this "well endowed" girl. way to go, sounds like you are really committed
hope your sister feels better soon. had no idea she was sick.
Summers do go by quickly when your having fun.It's so neat to see not all schools start at the same time.Tomorrow will be my kids 8th day of school.I will send prayers to your sister and Perry.
Oh...the dreaded last weekend of summer vacation..I hope you enjoyed it! And here's hoping and praying that the girls have a fantastic 1st day of school and make bunches of new friends! Take care...
Good-bye to Summer *sniff sniff* Sorry about your sister, I hope she is on the mend SOON! Friends moving away sucks rotten eggs. :-( I think I might pick up The Shred and try to see if I can do it.
Well, I just refused to correct Riley's word "Hangabur". I didn't WANT her to outgrow it. Does that make me selfish? ha ha ha
I just knew she was my LAST baby and I wanted to keep her that way for as long as I could. =0(
She's NINE now. Where'd the time go?
Erica
Post a Comment