Monday, August 24, 2009

I Heart Faces


Ahhhh, nostalgia. I loved the "good old days". I was a child in the 60's and nothing brings back sweet memories than being outside all summer.

Here's Phoebe on my old scooter. She says it "worked" a lot harder than her scooter of today. Something about the big wheels, compared to her little wheels. Pfft...kids have it so easy these days. Oh, and the sheets drying on the clothesline. As a kid that was an everyday thing in my neighborhood. Blissful memories. Now if only I had a pair of wax lips.

Iheartfaces.blogspot.com

18 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Love the black and white treatment. She is so cute.

Unknown said...

Great photo. The laundry in the background really brings back memories.

Carrie Vines said...

love the clothesline! Cute pictures

Beth in NC said...

Oh adorable!

Foursons said...

PERFECT! And you're right, they have it sooo easy now!

Bridget said...

Sweet pic!!!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

The first thing I thought of was those sheets drying outside. Oh how that took me back.

McCrakensx4 said...

Love the pic and the scooter...way too cute! Good luck this week!

Amanda said...

Awesome picture! I LOVE the black & white. I so wish I could have a clothesline...line-dried sheets are the best!

Hayley said...

Very sweet indeed!

Jessica Marie said...

This photo reminds me so much of when I was a kid too! Great photo! Yeah, kids sure have it easy these days! :) I agree with that 100%!

Anonymous said...

Great picture!

E @ Scottsville said...

Oh, I remember a friend of mine had a scooter like that and I loved riding it!!! I didn't own one, so hers was a TREAT for me to ride.

Great post, Steph!

Emily said...

What a fun scooter...big wheels and all. :-) Love her big smile.

wife.mom.nurse said...

How cool that you have your old scooter. That picture is definitely a blast from the past.

Thought of you often when I was in MN. We really enjoyed our time there. The Mayo is the BEST!

Unknown said...

Aw I love this! What a sweet entry~!

Tim said...

I have ab old wagon that was my grandparents before they passed. When me and my cousins were young we would spend hours riding it down a hill at their house.

Now the kids play with it from time to time, now that I have fixed it up with a fresh coat of paint and all. Such fond memories.

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Grace said...

I had a scooter like that too and oh how I miss a clothes line and yep I remember wax teeth too.Those were the good ol days huh.I like the black and white she is very cute.