Monday, July 6, 2009

Weekend Update

What a fabulous 4th we had. Party at our house.

# of people - 36

# of brats grilled - 36

# of hamburgers grilled - 24

# of hot dogs grilled - 14

# of salads (different varieties) - 6

# of desserts (different varieties) - 6

# of food left over - not much

# of fireworks shot off in the driveway - didn't count, but it was a lot.

# of oohs and ahhs - many

# of injuries - none praise God

# of neighbors shooting off their own fireworks - many all around us

# of fun times - tons

# of pictures I took to showcase this event - ZERO
Can you believe it? I was so busy that I had no time to take 1 photo or video.

It was such a great time and the weather was wonderful.

Sunday night we watched a neighboring city's fireworks, then 3 of my family members came over after and we tore in to the leftovers from the party.

I love celebrating this holiday. But we are all so beat! The girls have been getting to bed so late, but they sleep in so it's not too bad. Phoebe told me she's ready to get back on her schedule. :o)

Today I catch up on laundry and try to get back to normal. Hope all of you had a great weekend too.

6 comments:

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Sounds like a great day!! Love your patriotic blog look.

E @ Scottsville said...

Hey, being too busy having FUN to take photos is a good thing, right? Not that I've ever been known to be TOO BUSY FOR PHOTOS, but still. =0)

At least you were having good food and good fun!

Happy 4th!

Sheryl said...

i better be invited next time!! sounds like you had a great weekend.

phoebe wants to be back on her schedule?? who does she take after?

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Sounds like a great time. I am trying to catch up too, ugh...

wife.mom.nurse said...

no pix? no pix?Wha! :)

I love brats...yummo!

Sounds like a wonderful time.

I don't know what's happening with my reader~ I missed these posts...am catching up today :)

He & Me + 3 said...

I can't believe that you didnt' get any pictures. I can see why though...busy is right! But fun1