I feel this year I will celebrate America's independence with a lot more fervor.I feel our country is depending more and more on other countries, which means what? We are losing our independence. Not good.
The almighty dollar seems more important than our people. Jobs are moving out of this country all because it's less costly.
Some people think we should embrace every other country and if we're just nice to them, they'll be nice to us. Let's sit around the campfire singing Kumbaya.
Well, people, other countries hate us, no matter how nice we are to them. They want us wiped off the face of the earth. Putting forth the effort to be nice to them will just make it easier for them to wipe us away.
Our independence is slowly fading away, but we still have some threads left.
Let's hang on tight to those threads and see if we can sew some of them back together and be the independent America we once were.
Even though our country is becoming less independent, I still have God's Word that will never be anything than what it says. He will never leave me or forsake me. Galatians 5:1 tells me: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yolk of bondage.
My freedom is in Christ. Yes, I live in this country, and I will follow the laws of this country, but I do not have to conform to this world. I am renewed by Christ and I will live with Christ forever, when this country and world are gone.
So today I will celebrate my countries independence with as much joy and freedom as I can, while I still have that freedom. I will always have joy in the Lord, and my country can't take that away from me. Oh, they can try, and no doubt that time is coming, but if I have to die because I believe in Christ, then so be it.Be alert, pray hard.
Have a safe and enjoyable 4th of July celebration.



6 comments:
Happy freedom day to you! Enjoy your family time. So glad I am free in HIM all the time!
We do live in concerning times...
Today I pray for our country.
Great post!
Happy 4th of July!
~Julie
LOVE the look of the blog and the awesomely (is that a word) cute pix of the girls!
I know what you mean!
I pray you had a great 4th!
I sure do love our country.
I hope you had a fun 4th!
Riley and I talked about this just last night. She's worried about losing our freedom. SHe's only 9 so I had to just reassure her that all is well.... yet in my heart, I felt like "but for how long?"
All the freedoms that my hubby, father and grandfather fought so hard to preserve seems to be taken for granted and tossed aside. *sigh*
Praying for our country!
Post a Comment