Sunday, July 12, 2009

Last Day of Vacation

I thought today we would rest after our week long vacation. But we found time to do a few more things. After church we headed up to Mosquito Hill Nature Center and started out with a picnic.

We then walked around and observed butterflies in the butterfly house they had there.

After that we went in to the nature center and looked at cool stuff.

They had bees making honey, and frogs, and turtles, and tons of stuffed animals. Stuffed, meaning they were once alive. We all waved goodbye to Mosquito Hill.

We had a great time.

When we got home, Phoebe tried once again to ride her bike with no training wheels.





She succeeded! Way to go Phoebe. We are so proud of you.

It's been a wonderful week, but it's time for business now. Perry heads back to work, and I have got to clean this house. Why is it that a place gets so messy, and we were hardly even home?!

Since I forgot my camera, all photos were taken with a phone.

9 comments:

E @ Scottsville said...

Awwww, way to go Phoebe!!! Great job on the bike.

Sorry your vacation is over. They go by FAST, don't they?

((and I'm sure there are snakes in all rivers, but we've never seen one - yet))

April said...

Good job, Phoebe! That's such a big accomplishment!

Your vacation sounds like a lot of fun...glad you enjoyed yourselves!

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Wooohooo, great job Phoebe!!!!

Looks like a really neat place you visited. I love the pic of you all waving with the bear.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Awesome, Phoebe!!!!
Love how the bear waved bye to you guys, too. Glad you had a good time! :)

Kerri said...

Thanks fro coming over to say hi from Jills sneaky friend spotlight of me! I'm sorry it took me so long to come over to sy thanks! What a cute blog!

Grace said...

I think learning to ride a bike with 2 less wheels is a milestone.GREAT JOB!It looks like a rather peaceful vacation.Glad ya'll had fun.

He & Me + 3 said...

what fun. Yea for Phoebe. That is so exciting. My house is a mess too from all the visitors and such...but it has been fun.

Five Moms & A Blog said...

Yay Phoebe! Loved your comment "remember your brakes!"

Hey, I'll wrestle you for that chocolate donut, lol!

~ Nan

heidi said...

Way to ride, Phoebe!