Thursday, July 9, 2009

Busy Week

With Perry on vacation all week, we haven't been home too much. We have been taking day trips. We went to a cool little waterpark on Monday night. Tuesday we went for a drive to Lake

Michigan and around one of the state forests south of us. Lake Michigan was cold! Then we stopped by a county park and played by a small beach. Wednesday we stayed home. Today we


went to Milwaukee Zoo. It was the first time the girls were at that zoo, and they thought it was pretty cool. To me, seeing a giant Anaconda eyeing up a large lizard for lunch is not cool. He didn't get it while we watched. However, the large king cobra was devouring a rat for his lunch. Bleh.
It's been a fun week so far. Who knows what the rest of the week will bring. We're taking it day by day.

7 comments:

Grace said...

I love taking my kids to the zoo but I am not fond of snakes and would love to bypass them but the kids enjoy them.It looks like ya'll had fun and you made memories while you were at it.

C.C. and Double T said...

Poor rat. :-(

April said...

Oh, that cobra picture makes my skin crawl...YUCK! :)

E @ Scottsville said...

Oh y'all ARE having LOTS of adventures, aren't you?

Way to go, Mom!!! Keep that summer fun. =0)

PS - yes, taking pictures of a pretty family who happens to be VERY photogenic did make my job super fun & easy!

Five Moms & A Blog said...

What a fun time. Sorry I have missed so many posts. Good grief...where have I been? Oh yea on vacation.
I was reading and scanned michigan and thought...she came to michigan and didn't look me up. LOL Then I actually read the post.

Five Moms & A Blog said...

Ooops...that comment was from me...MIMI Signed in as the 5 Moms:)

wife.mom.nurse said...

Great pix (minus the yucky snake)

how wonderful to have daddy home on vacation!!!! Yeah!!!!