
It was walk-in-Wednesday at the Breast Center, so I walked in and had my mammogram. No pain at all. It took a lot for me not to bust (no pun intended) out laughing. If I would have looked down at how my boob was squished, I would have lost it. Thinking about how it looked was bad enough. I had some major giggles in me ready to come out. But it's over for a year, and I will have results within 24 hours. They do have to try to locate my other mammograms from when we lived in NC, so they can compare them. It would have been nice if I could have remembered where I had them done. At least I remembered the city.
I was wrong putting this off for over 4 years. Especially being over 40. I am now on their call in a year list, so I have no excuse to put it off anymore. And I'm glad. It's fast and easy and early detection of any problem can be a lifesaver.



14 comments:
So glad you had it taken care of. I loved the cartoon, it is soooo true.
Oh man, I hate mammograms...that cartoon is sooo seriously true, I am crying right now. I think it was more painful then child birth!!!
Thanks for your comment on the 5 moms blog today!!!
Tarah
So proud of you for taking care of business! Way to go, girl!
the cartoon is very funny! way to go about getting this taken care of!
That cartoon is soooo funny!
Glad you did it...
Glad you got that taken care of, and with a sense of humor too! Loved the funny at the top!
That cartoon is hysterical! I had my first booby squish last fall! (at 35 yrs old) Not so fun, but important to save the Ta-Tas!!! Good for you on going and gettin'em squished today!
Glad you went and had it done!! Your cute story about it makes me not dread one so bad!! ;0)
Prayers that the results come back negative!
Love and Prayers,
Tim
Ahhh, yes, aren't they fun? My last one gave me QUITE the scare. They found 'something', so called me back for a rescan. While I waited, they read the results and said they needed another. Then another. Each time pressing harder and harder. I was a WRECK and praying my little heart out. Each time they'd come back, I'd think SURELY it's okay, and each time, they still looked worried. Finally, they took me in for a SONOGRAM ---- and that clearly showed that it was just a little water bubble, totally harmless, nothing to worry about. THAT was pain free. Why didn't they just do that to start with? Hmmph!
But Praise God it turned out to be nothing. Whew!
I'm glad you went and got felt up. It's important!
Your post title caught my eye on Elaine's blog. The cartoon made me laugh. The post encouraged me to do something I need to do. Thanks. Great post!
Good job getting it done!
Glad you are taking care of you my bloggy friend!
Hope you had good results.
~Julie
Post a Comment