Friday, July 31, 2009

The Hungry Couch

Phoebe came to me a short time ago and accused me of hiding the "sticks" for her Nintendo DSi thingy. That sentence should tell you that I had no idea what she was talking about. I'm sure those "sticks" have a proper name, and I know she has a DSi, and takes care of dogs and horses on it, but other than that, I don't know much else about it. Perry bought her the thing for her birthday without my knowing it. I never would have agreed to spending that much money for a little girls birthday gift. Anyway, that's beside the point.

I promptly told her that she had no right to accuse me of taking her "sticks" without some evidence. I went through more with her about the responsibilities that she has and to not be so quick to blame others.

I then suggested to look down in the couch cushions. Our couch is made so that if something falls, it is caught up at the bottom. I guess she didn't care about finding them, because she went to play in the basement.

I, being the nice mother that I am can be, made my knuckles raw by searching down in the abyss of the couch. These were my findings...

There were many more crumbs, but I will wait until I get the vacuum out for that cleanup.
The pink candy heart, and green M&M were tempting, but I held off eating them. Oh, and see the blue surgery clamp that looks like a scissors? Ya... we do many a surgery around here. Man, I missed that. Really though, we use them to close bags of chips to keep them fresh. Perry's mother once worked in surgery and picked these up.

Perry did some shopping last night and came home with a bunch of pens. What a waste of money. I should have remembered to tell him to look in the couch for some. Today I pulled out two.

And the Readers Digest....August. OK so that's not so bad. Oh wait, look closer...It's August 2008!

OH! and look... above the doggy postcard. What are those two little things? A black one and a blue one. Why, they're Nintendo DSi "sticks". Imagine that.

Me thinks Miss Phoebe owes me an apology. (Perry did have a talk with her too, and she did apologize to me.)

7 comments:

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

You've cleaned out from under the couch cushions and lived to tell about it!
I shudder to think of what I would find if I were brave enough to remove the cushions of our couch. :)

He & Me + 3 said...

Ok that is just funny. I like cleaning in the couch cushions to find the change my dad loses when he sits down. LOL
Glad you found the stick thingys.
That magazine has been MIA for a while:)

McCrakensx4 said...

That is too funny! Our couch very rarely gets cleaned, but when it does, it is just yucky crumbs! I am glad that you found the DSi 'sticks'.

Anonymous said...

It's a "stylus". The kids I nanny for have DS's and they started with about 20 of those pens and now we have none. I have no idea where they go!

amanda said...

LOL. totally hilarious. i HATE cleaning under my couch cushions.

wife.mom.nurse said...

I wasn't sure what those stick were...glad you posted the pictures. I am always surprised that my kids don't loose theirs.

Glad daddy helped her to see her wrong and apologize. What a nice hubby. :)

You could almost have a garage sale just from the couch bootie :)

heidi said...

I miss the days where I would find money in the couch cushions.