She walks up to me and I had to take a double take. Where was the Phoebe I saw yesterday?
There is no doubt in my mind, that she grew overnight!
I'm not sure how much, but she got taller.
I'm finding myself staring at her as she moves about the house. She was walking down the hall, and I had to stop and look.
I mentioned this to Perry, and he thinks I'm cuckoo. He didn't use that word, but he just laughed at me like "ya sure Steph, whatever!!"
I'm her mother, I know my child, and she grew. I just know it.
Last week, I was helping her with her shower. I was going to help her get out and dry off, comb her hair, like I have been doing since her birth.
She said to me that she can now do this by herself, and can I step aside please.
I told her that I was sad that she was growing up and didn't need me anymore. Her reply was...
"MOM!, I'll always need you!"
WAHHHHHH. The best Mother's Day gift ever.



6 comments:
They grow so fast.. Even Goose will tell me no thanks I don't need help. A part of me likes that, but the other part fall apart.
Have a blessed Mother's day.
That is precious my friend. I feel the same way. So glad that they will always need us.
That is very cute!It's the little things that they can say or do to turn a bad day good.
What a sweetheart! It's amazing how fast they grow. :)
Happy Mother's Day, friend!
That was so cute, what she said!
My brother is growing SO fast, it's crazy :)
Children are such a blessing!!! :)
Post a Comment