Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Wishing all of you moms a happy, rested Mother's Day. Any guys reading this? Treat your mom extra wonderful today.

I'll be away from the computer today getting treated wonderful myself. (After I shower the kids, and make breakfast, before we go to church.) (we really never get a break)

To my mother: Hey mother...wish you were here. I know heaven is better than being here, but you are missed. My girls need a grandma like you. I need to come to you for advice. And also to apologize for doing some rotten things, when I was a kid. When my girls act up, I'm feeling what you must have felt, when I acted up. Sorry! :-}
I'm finding myself doing the things you did, swearing that I would never do with my kids. Yup, you were right. And when I always said I never wanted children, and you told me you felt sorry for me...you were right again. Children are a wonderful gift from God. I guess you know that. You had eight! I miss you, and and sooo look forward to seeing you in heaven. What a glorious day that will be.


Happy Mother's Day

9 comments:

-stephanie- said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bernadette said...

LOL @ never getting a break! so true!

Happy Mother's Day to you!!

LisaShaw said...

Hi Stephanie, you visited my vlog the other day and left such a kind message that I had to pop over and visit and I am so glad that I did. What an encouraging blog and a sweet tribute to your Mom. I'm sure she'd be proud. My adult daughter who has two precious little girls already tells me she is so sorry for the times she was not pleasant. She acknowledges how much a blessing being a Mother is and how hard it can be especially when you're worrying about your little ones. She's only just begun the journey with an almost 2 year old and one just under 1. I'm so blessed to be able to walk it with her.

While your Mom is not here she is within your heart.

I look forward to returning and your girls are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Happy Mother's Day.

Sheryl said...

hope your day was a great one stephanie! i never thought i wanted children either, boy am i glad that God had different plans.

Bridget said...

Hope you had a great Mother's Day!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Stephanie,
I hope you got a nice break today and that your Mother's Day was fabulous!

Grace said...

Happy Mother's Day to you also!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

What a great tribute to your mother. :) Brought a little tear to my eye....
Happy Mother's Day!

E @ Scottsville said...

What an awesome tribute to your mom. =0)

Happy Belated Mother's Day to you!