Saturday, May 30, 2009

I spent all that money for that?

Today we had our family photo taken for a church photo directory. OK, that's cool. So last week on our little ride, I found the cutest matching shirts for the girls and I. Fancy white blouses with hand painted flowers on them. I had some birthday money, so it didn't bother me to spend that kind of money on 3 shirts. (until today) Around $80.

The girls and I had our matchy, matchy shirts on, with matchy matchy black pants, and matchy matchy black sandals. Perry had the opposite of us on. Black shirt, with light colored pants.

We looked great! The people at church helping out with this photo session oohed and ahhed when we came in. I had in my head just how I wanted this photo to look.

We take the typical pose that they want for the church directory, they take a few more shots, then they take some of just the girls.

OK they say...you're done.

What? This is not what I had in mind.

What happened to our matchy, matchy look? All you can see of my shirt is my right sleeve. What the heck! And forget the pants and matchy, matchy sandals. Nowhere to be found.

Perry liked the portrait so he ordered a big one for our house, and one for his mom.

What a waste of money. If I knew that was going to happen, I could have saved money on my blouse and wore a white blouse that I already have.

Not to mention the photo looks so posed and boring. I don't think the girls are even smiling.

Now I have to look at this thing for life, knowing how much I hated this day.

I told Perry I'm taking the girls and me, in our matchy, matchy outfits to Picture People next week, and have another photo session. I have a coupon for a free 8x10 or 10x13, plus 25% off anything else I may buy.

He felt bad for me, because I spent so much money on the outfits, that he said go ahead and get what I want. He will be out of town, and he doesn't want to have another photo taken of him, so it will be just us girls.

I'll just put that photo near the boring picture, and I should be OK with it.

I'll post pictures of them when I get them.

A meal at A&W made up for my pouty mood. Nuthin' like a frosty mug o root beer to make your troubles go away.

13 comments:

-stephanie- said...

Mmmm, A&W

E @ Scottsville said...

Okay, so I would absolutely LOVE to come photograph your family for ya! Have you seen my portrait blog on my sidebar? "Erica Scott Photography"?

Check it out! I love, love, love doing casual family portraits cuz I hate the typical STUDIO style. I love outdoors and natural and serene.

Too bad we don't live closer!

Bridget said...

We had our church directory pictures done in November. I took a lot of time coordinating our clothes, and wouldn't you know that my favorite picture of the three of us was a black and white?? Thankfully we had a friend take some pictures of us at the park in the same outfits and I love them!

Sheryl said...

you do not seem like the matchy, matchy type to me. full of surprises!

Anonymous said...

Yes, church portraits ARE expensive!

I think the pics of you and girls that you'll take this week will be great!

He & Me + 3 said...

OH yea, me being the picture queen. yes I know I am queen of alot of things. LOL
i would have been upset too. I hope the next pictures will please you and make up for it.
I hope the other ones turned out better than you think too.
Can't wait to see them all.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

I second the thought of having your pictures redone. Go get your ideal picture, girl!

~Mistee~ said...

Bless your heart!! I wanna see the pics from Picture People when you get them done though!!

amanda said...

if i'd be a professional i'd totally offer to take pictures for you!! :0) i love to do it of my kiddos, sometimes it'd be nice to do it for people who will sit still long enough for me! lol. but a and w. yummy. i really want an ice cream cone now too! mmmm.

Five Moms & A Blog said...

Okay, so your comment this morning made me LOL! Icky!!!

Have a great Monday!

~Erica

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

I'm laughing so hard. You should see our directory picture. Oh I can just picture yours. You will have to post it anyway....

wife.mom.nurse said...

Maybe you can have some awesome friend with a nice camera take another pix of you for free, one that you love?!

My bloggy friend and friend in real life Elaine (see comments above) is one of those awesome photographers who just does it for fun...I hope you know someone like her!

Looking forward to seeing the official directory photo :)

heidi said...

I love that you're going to go get pictures done with you and the girls - that's awesome!!