A very large variety of herbs. Flowers too, but I was just into the herbs today.
Last year I had bought a tomato plant in a hanging planter. The tomatoes grew from the bottom and the planter had some different herbs in it.
The tomatoes didn't do so well, but I was having fresh cut herbs in just about everything I ate.
What a difference fresh makes.
So I had it in my craw, that I was going to grow some more fresh herbs this year.
So I'm browsing through this shop and was amazed at all they had. I could have stayed there all day, but Abby was being a kid, and wanted to rush me out of there.
I didn't rush out too fast. I had to rub all the leaves and take in the aroma of just about every herb there. Yum! Lemon Verbena, pineapple something herb, peppermint, spearmint, basil, cilantro, tyme, oh my gosh, so many. And to know I can easily grow this stuff in my own back yard.
And I will! Some of it anyway.
I ended up buying, Hot & Spicy Oregano, Sage, Cilantro, and Sugar Bush Stevia.
The stevia I'm really excited about, because I'm hearing so much about it lately. It's like a sugar substitute. You can dry the leaves and crush them and use them as that. A sugar sub.
Or just tear a few leaves into tea, or bake in cookies or breads, or whatever you want sweetened.
I also bought a sweet yellow, and a sweet red pepper plant and 3 tomato plants. The pepper plants, because I fell in love with a dish that Miss CC had on her blog. Yum-mo!
Speaking of sticking noses...here's Abigail sticking her nose in to our crab apple tree. Another heavenly smell.



7 comments:
all the time!
I love cilantro. I wish my parents would grow some this year in their garden and then I would have everything I need for homemade salsa right in their backyard. God is good.
I love fresh stuff too. so yummy
OH, my goodness! You talked about me in your post. Awwww, that is so sweet! See, you even have your own "inspiration" to grow your own peppers to make the dish! Yaaayyy! :-)
I have a black thumb... meaning plants and me just really don't mix. I can kill anything! The only thing that has survive 'me' is an IVY that's about 15 years old that withers away, and then I remember to water the poor thing and then it always comes back. It's my friend!
Oh my goodness! I am so excited for you! Fresh herbs are the best! They will definitely enhance your summer cooking!
There are so many birthdays in May! It's crazy. Almost everyone I know was born this month : ).
I wish I knew how to get a garden alive. I kill almost anything I plant. lol!
I love the pic at the bottom of the post! PRECIOUS!!!
Lucky girl!! I'm coming over for dinner when you use some of those fresh herbs!
Post a Comment