Saturday, April 25, 2009

"Eye" laughed so hard.

Kohl's has 90% off, on some of their clothes. Naturally, I had to check it out. I ended up buying a cute sweater @ $4.40. My sister is borrowing it for tomorrow. I never even got to wear it myself. A summer shirt @ $5.99. She's too big to borrow that one. A super cute black blouse @ $4.40. And a cute, cute, jacket @ $7.90. That's my kind of shopping.

Today, the sweater borrower and I went back to check stuff out for her to wear, (and me to borrow). She found a pair of jeans and a shirt. No need for me to borrow.

We were looking in the underwear and bra section and I found some under garment that is supposed to suck in everything from your gut to your flabby arms. I told her to try it on, since she's always looking for longer sleeves to cover up her flabby arms. She said no, so I said I would try it on. Holy tight and can't breathe Batman.

I was laughing so hard just trying to get it on. Finally I wiggled in to it, but I was still laughing so hard, I couldn't see myself in the mirror, through my tears.

My sister said it looked good, and I must admit it did shave a few inches off my body and arms, but I couldn't see wearing it all day, since breathing is more important to me than looking slimmer.

Now I have to try to take it off. More laughter, more tears. I thought for sure I would have had to buy it, with me in it.

Finally it's off, but not without my eye breaking a few blood vessels. See!

Actually it looks more red in real life. (and not only is it red, but I'm also now blind from the flash of my camera.) My children are getting grossed out looking at it, so I told them to quit looking at me. They're not. They must like getting grossed out.

But, hey, what's a red eye when one can get 90% off their wardrobe? Small price to pay.

I'm heading off to bed to read. With my good eye.

9 comments:

Bridget said...

That totally sounds like a situation that only I could get into!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh dear lord...you are soooooo funny. I was peeing my pants reading this post. Too funny. I think breathing is a bit more important than looking slimmer too. LOL
Hope your eye is better. :) Thanks for the chuckle before bed.

Femin Susan said...

that was soooo funny.hope your eyes is better.
Cheers!

heidi said...

OMGosh LOL Next time do VIDEO silly girl!

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Hahaha. I agree, do a video next time you have a funny story!

You got a mention on my blog thanks to your knowledge of trees!!! Thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

I saw your comment at He and Me and I came over to say hi! I think you are a wise woman. Looking slim is nice, but breathing, well, that is vital!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and PS So sorry about your eye! I just said a little prayer for you!

PSS I LOVE sales at Kohls! You got GREAT deals! I love a good deal!

Bernadette said...

LMAO! You are too funny.

....and smart. very smart ;)
Found your blog from Stephanie's blog pimp about the tree.

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

That is too funny. I can just picture the laughter coming out of that dressing room too. Those things can be pretty tight...