Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lazy Day of Sunday

It's a good day to laze around the house after a great morning at church.

The message at church was something I needed to hear. Our regular pastor was speaking at another church out of town, so we had the youth pastor preach. It's cute how I can tell he's a youth pastor, by the way he speaks to us. Real clear and simple so a kid can understand it. I like that, and I need that sometimes.

He spoke of how we are the invitations of the church. We have our testimony, so we need to speak it out to others, let them know that there is hope for their life. We can hand out real paper, what we call invitations, to a church service or something, but those are just information, WE are the invitations. Never thought about it that way before. It's sounds pretty simple and lame the way I am writing it here, but it was a powerful sermon, that spoke to me.

You too, are an invitation to others to get to know Christ, if you have a personal relationship with God and His Son, Jesus. Be that invitation. Invite them to church, or just to talk. Show them the Christ that lives in you.
*************************************************************************************

After a wonderful lunch of eggplant parmesan, and spaghetti, I am heading to my room to read. I got 3 new books from the library last week, and I am diving in. No doubt a nap will accompany my reading. :o)

Later tonight, I am heading back to church for a prayer meeting for some who are going on a missions trip to Mexico. One of the team members asked me to be her prayer partner for before, and during the trip. I am more than happy to pray for her and the others going on this trip.

No school for Phoebe tomorrow, so it's going to be a easy night with a get-up-any-time-I-want-to kind of morning. HA, ya right, any time I want to.

The 3 inches of snow we had last night and this morning is pretty much gone already. Love that.

It's been a good day so far. Satan usually gets his rotten face in our Sundays and tries to wreck them. Not today though. He can go to hell, for all I care. Oh yeah, he will be soon enough.

Come Lord Jesus, come.

Happy Sunday to all of you.

4 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I think all of us Christians need to hear that sermon...we need to remember that it is not always what we say, but how we act & present ourselves that is either an invitation to Christ or a turn off. That is powerful my friend!

heidi said...

Sounds like a great Sunday! What books did you get? We got a bunch of snow yesterday and it's still snowing today. I am SO over winter!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Isn't that funny, the devil often tries to get our Sunday's too. He didn't win in our house either (this week) Snow, my kids would love to see it.. I put sunscreen on this weekend... =(

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Satan tries to ruin our Sundays, too. He throws all sorts of stuff our way to try to keep us from going to church.
Glad that you are warming up! :)