Friday, January 16, 2009

Still below Zero and no school




17 below 0 this morning. School was called off last night already. The wind chill warning is supposed to end around noon today. And...oh happy day, we are to get into the 20's this weekend. After weather like this, 20 really does feel like a heatwave.

Last night, I fell asleep at 9:30. I never go to bed that early. It felt great. Until the phone rang at 10:30. Hubby is working a state away, but was reading on the internet that school was canceled already, and he called to let me know, so I could sleep in.

Nobody slept in. Pearl, the cat has her little food timer inside her and wanted to eat at 6:30. Phoebe was up before 7, asking if she had school, then got mad at me for not letting her have a sleepover with Abby. (Abby has a double bed, so on weekends they have a "sleepover" in her room). Like I knew if school was going to be canceled at 8 last night.

Abby was the only one who slept later than usual. 7:30. They all piled into my bed, cat too, and watched cartoons, while I tried to get a few more winks. It was so cozy and warm, that I didn't want to get out. But, the girls were "starving" and did I want them to "die" from hunger?
Sleep, have kids die from hunger, sleep, have kids die from hunger? Ok, I chose to feed them.

Pancakes, and bacon. Yum. Made Mickey Mouse pancakes. One large pancake for head, 2 small ones for ears, bacon for face. They were impressed.

They want to go to the movie, Hotel for Dogs, but I'm trying to get it in my head that spending about $30 on movie and treats makes sense to me. Even though Phoebe said she would use her own money. We'll see.

Time to go walk on the treadmill. What bugs me about exercise, is that when I do exercise, I think I can eat any way I want and anything I want, and this is what I am doing. I rarely eat potato chips, but because I have been treadmilling, I have been eating potato chips. And candy. Like this is really going to get me anywhere. (note: junk food would not be in the house if hubby didn't want it. He's one of those who can eat and eat and eat and not gain an ounce. I hate him for that)


Pearl found a new place to cozy up in. Perry got some new coveralls, and let them lay on the floor.( and he gets after the kids for letting their stuff lie around) Pearl curled herself up in them and has been being lazy there for 4 days. I haven't got the heart to put them away.

1 comment:

He & Me + 3 said...

We had no school today too. Big fun! Too cold to do anything! anyways, I hear ya on the exercising thing. My hunger goes up everytime I start to exercise. Ugh. But i do love the way I feel after I am finished on the treadmill. Stay warm!