Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cancel smanchel


Today school was canceled. C'mon, it was only 16 below zero with a 30 below wind chill. Toughen up kiddos. Cold fresh air is good for you. Jump around, get some exercise. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same, but don't know yet if there will be school or not. Which, if they do have school, then why not today?

I'm really not complaining, I know that's cold and buses don't run, and it's dangerous waiting outside for a bus that might not make it. And I was thrilled to not have to get out of my p.j.s to drive to school. Except, today of all days, I wanted school to be held. I was going to help out in Phoebe's computer class. (1st grade computer.....crazy, we didn't even have computers when I was in high school) (yup, I'm that old), and Abby was looking forward to going to her Aunt's house while I was gone. And my sister, (the aunt) was looking forward to playing Cootie.

So, cold, rotten, global warming....you ruined our day.

3 comments:

Wayne said...

16 BELOW ZERO!!!!! that is soooo cold I live in england and the coldest I have ever known it to be here is 14 below zero that kina cold is a experence I'll never forget. great blog and the picture is great.

He & Me + 3 said...

We were at zero today! Yum...gotta love the bitter cold! Sorry school was canceled. We were hoping, but no such luck.

amanda said...

lol. it was freezing yesterday and today too. i hated having to go out in it. but you wouldn't believe how busy the mall was with kiddos and their mommies and daddies!!