Friday, January 16, 2009

I took the Challenge


Heidi, over here challenged anyone to a letter. Go check it out. She gave me a letter of the alphabet and I have to list 10 things I like that start with that letter. The letter she gave me is
F.

Fun with the letter F. Here goes. In no particular order.

F is for French Fries: Not just any french fry. I like the long skinny strips, salty and greasy, like the ones at McDonalds, or Burger King. Not planks or wedges, or even the ridged ones. Long, skinny, salty, greasy. No wonder I need a treadmill.

F is for Fruit: It makes no sense to put fruit after french fries, but it just happened. I don't think I have met a fruit I didn't like. Not sure if I have a favorite. If I have a batch of good oranges, then I will eat 2 or 3. The banana has to be at it's perfect ripeness. Just after green, the perfect shade of yellow, where the fruit is still firm. Any apple, except Delicious. too bland. Any fruit at all. Ooh and grapes.

F is for Fall: Fall is a beautiful time of year. I'm getting sick of the heat and ready for that crisp cool air. The leaves turn to gorgeous shades of golds, reds, oranges, browns. Leaf piles to jump in.
Such fun.

F is for Frebreze: It makes me feel like I have a cleaner house when I spray that around on the furniture and carpet. I'm like the commercial people, where I'm sticking my nose in everything I sprayed, just to get a good whiff.

F is for Flowers: If God made it, it has to be good. My backyard is full of them. Even in our frozen winter, I still have dead flowers around, so the birds can eat the seeds. My favorite, is the carnation. I have great memories of the smell of them when I was a kid.

F is for 4th of July: I love the meaning of this holiday. Freedom! ooh another F word. I love the flag (another one), I love the party we have every 4th. Which then will lead me to another F word.

F is for Fireworks: Ohhhh so pretty, and the loud boom that gets in your chest. I love the fountain fireworks that Perry spends waaay to much money on, to thrill our guests with at night.

F is for Fudge: Mmmm. Chocolate. No nuts please. Fudge candy, fudge brownies, fudge frosting. Yummo. I like fudge.

F is for Food: I like food in general. Not much I don't like in the food department either. Liver is one I don't like. bleeh. I think my favorite is a good juicy cheeseburger. Which is what I made for supper tonight.

and finally
Faces: these two in particular. I think God did a great job when He made these faces. But that's just my opinion. and my husbands.

That was fun.
If you would like to play, let me know, and I will have these 2 lovely faces pick a letter for you.

7 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Great F list and I think those faces are super cute too!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

That was a cool list.
Also 2 things.
1) the first few (like 34) times I saw your picture next to your comment on blogs, I thought your oldest daughter was cuddling a doll! Your youngest is so doll like- beautiful. One day, I looked closer and realized she was "real"
2) I laughed really hard at your answer to your profile question. Halibut?!

heidi said...

*clap clap clap* Nicely done!!!!

Bridget said...

I loved (and totally agreed with) your list!! I wanna play too please-if the girls choose F, though, I'll be putting the same answers that you did! :-D

Bridget said...

The letter W was fun, thanks girls!!

Kyle DID name his crab and Hermie and Clyde are now getting to know their new roommate, Shermie.

amanda said...

love the list...i too took the challenge...i'm just still in the middle of my post...:0)

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Love your list! :)