Saturday, January 3, 2009

Oh what fun it is to slide....







We finally had a decent enough day to get some sledding in before Christmas vacation is over. 28 degrees was warm enough for us. Boy, oh boy, you think you're in somewhat decent shape, until you haul your little one up hill after the 3 second ride down. I'm sure getting out of bed tomorrow will be painful. We were out about 2 hours before Abby complained about her frozen hands. Thank you dear MIL for hand warmers. I had different mittens on her before we left. The ones that are waterproof... pink, but she had to be all matchy matchy and wear the blue mittens (not waterproof) that matched her hat and coat. Do mothers know best or what? Maybe next time she'll listen to me. I wasn't aware that 4 year olds needed to match their outfits. Anyway, we had a good time, then followed it up with supper out with hot chocolate. Fun day.
Me and the Michelin Man aka Abby.



The family. Please note Abigails matching blue hat, mittens, coat, and snowpants. Her hands froze because she had to match. Also note, Herman Munster let me borrow his boots.


MIL is in better shape than I am. Almost 70 years old and she's sledding with us. Go grandma!


Picture of Phoebe and I sledding down hill. Where are we? Going so fast we couldn't be captured on film.
Here we are. Safe at the bottom of the hill.

2 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh what fun is right. Great pictures and great exercise. We really need to take the kids sledding, but all our snow is gone now. For sure next time.

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Oh how fun... Great pictures. I do not think we will be sledding here anytime soon, if ever. Darn those CA winters. My daughter keeps asking... If it is winter where is the snow?