As I look over to the right of this post, I see a Christmas tree twinkling at me with a very rude 18 days screaming at me. 18 days? When did this happen. I'm not even near ready yet. A few piddly gifts bought. No tree. Some decor up...not much. Our block is twinkling with lights, but it's dark in my front yard. What am I waiting for? Don't know... I just didn't think it was coming up so soon. I think the late Thanksgiving threw me. We still have leftovers in the fridge. Is that wrong?
Even if I don't get around to putting the lights outside, if the cookies don't get baked and decorated, if a few gifts don't get bought, if the tree doesn't find its way into our house, (my children will be crushed) if Christmas dinner doesn't make its way to the table... even if all that does not happen, I still know the true meaning of Christmas. I will know that Jesus Christ was born. And His only reason for being born, was to die. For me. And you. What a gift.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Amen to that...BTW, now it is only 17 days. LOL Happy Birthday Jesus!
Post a Comment