Thursday, November 6, 2008

What God taught me about the election

At 10:00 p.m. Election night, the news station confirmed that we had a new president. It was not the man I voted for. I said to myself, while feeling sad, "My America is gone, now all I have is God."
Almost instantly, God spoke to me. He said, "I AM everything, and you need nothing more."
I knew that, and I thought I was living that, but my comment tells me otherwise.
Why was I thinking that a man under the Republican title was going to keep me safer than a man under the Democrat title? Why did I think my finances were going to be safer with one man, over another? America is falling apart, and it's not the title of president who is at fault, and one newly elected man is not going to put it back together again. America is falling apart because of rampant sin, and because we are not seeing who the true leader is. God is our leader and only He can save us from despair. He is all we need for everything! He promises He will never leave us or forsake us. Hebrews 13:5. What president can promise that and actually follow though? None.
So, ok, we have a new president, and he's not the best choice, in my opinion. But, I will honor his title, and God says to pray for authority, Hebrews 13:17 , so I will. I will probably pray harder than I have for a president, because IMO, I need to. That's another thing God taught me. Pray harder.
I am a child of Christ now, so even though I live in this world, I am not of this world. 1John 5:5.
Good things may happen with this new president, and bad things could happen. I know that whatever happens, I have God to protect me. He is still on the throne, and I will praise and worship Him always.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with your wise comments. I also believe that God gave the liberals want they wanted...just to teach them a lesson. I hope they learn it well.

Christy said...

Wow perfectly said and point definately taken. I'm very unhappy with the newly President-elect, but as you said God is who he is today the same as he was tomorrow.

God Bless

~*Mistee*~ said...

I love this post! Very well said!!

Have a wonderful week!!