Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hideous

I was just sitting here half listening to the girls talking in the kitchen. They were discussing a picture of the wicked witch of the west, from the Wizard of Oz. They were talking about her looks. Abigail, age 4 says "Well I think she looks Hideous." Phoebe, age 6 says, "I don't think she looks hideous." HIDEOUS! Where on earth did they learn that word? It's not a common word that we use around here. I don't think it's a common word used anywhere, by anyone! Hideous... huh.
I just had to ask them what they thought the word hideous meant, and they both said it means, 'gross'. Does this mean I stop thinking of our little girls as little girls now? Are they now Rhodes scholars? Nah....I just called Abby a smartypants, and she laughed and said I had smarties in my butt. Nice! Back to little girlhood.

3 comments:

Cynthia Jill Photography said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes Stephanie! :)

Liz said...

It's amazing the things they come up with...and school sure helps with all the good and bad words they learn!
Smarties in your butt....that's hysterical!

Honey Mommy said...

What great vocabulary your girls have! It's amazing how quickly kids pick things up, isn't it?