God got ahold of me today and it started out with a little fight about chili. My fight, not our fight.
Perry is leaving for deer hunting tomorrow. He asked me this morning if I was going to make chili for the guys. (thanks for the 3 second warning dear) I told him that two weeks ago when he asked me, I said no, because we were not rolling in that much cash, for me to get all the ingredients and make a giant batch. Of course he didn't remember that conversation. Anyway, I have this rotten habit, if habit is the right word, of first flying off the handle and thinking later. I do not want that nasty way of being. That is one thing that I pray to God about taking that away from me. and He is, little by little, that I am noticing. Today was just another little chip off my yuckiness. Why can't He just take it all away, right away? I guess it's how we learn. I have had some bad habits taken from me instantly. I got into some trouble in my drinking days. One day I stopped drinking, and never had a problem again with it. Thank you God.
ok, back to today. after ranting about his last second chili request, I of course told him I would make it, but didn't neglect to put some nastiness in my tone of voice. Wow, that chili was going to be made with love. So I went to the store, picked up the ingredients, and while getting them, I really was enjoying doing it. The bill came to about $20. That made me happy , because I really made a ton of chili to feed alot of guys, and I thought $20 was a great value. So driving away, I felt God telling me to call my hubby and apologize for getting crazy. I sometimes have a hard time apologizing, and this time was one of them. I thought, to God.. it's only chili, why should I say I'm sorry? It isn't about the chili, my dear, it is about your instant ranting and raving. That has got to stop. and an apology is in order. Yes Father. So I called.... he said hello, I said hello, he said hello, I said hello, he said hello, what can I do for you? (he was not mad at all, he's used to my attitude) I hesitate, and finally tell him that I was sorry for having a rotten attitude about making chili, and I was wrong. He told me he really appreciated that, and then went on and on how the guys rave about my chili....blah, blah, blah. Whatever, I didn't need to hear that, I just needed to apologize, and be obedient to God. So I am another step closer to getting rid of this icky attitude of instant "bite your head off". God taught me through a little thing like chili.
and I tasted it.... it's not bad. Please God, make it taste better than it really is.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
isn't it great how god can use crazy things to teach us something HUGE.
Post a Comment