Wednesday, August 6, 2014

... know when to fold em...

As Kenny Rogers says... "You have to know when to hold em, know when to fold em...".
The scarves and bandanas I have been wearing on my head are done being held, and they are washed and folded and put away for a time that I want to wear one instead of just covering a bald head.
My hair has been around for a couple months now, but I was not comfortable until this past week to go without a covering. It's still kind of weird to have such short hair but I'm stepping out and dealing with it. Sure I get compliments, but it's not the kind of style that I would have if not for my losing it all. It was growing so fast at first, but it seems to have slowed down a bit.
It's easier to pluck out the gray hair this way. They seem to grow faster than the dark hair. I know, I know, after being bald for several months, I should be grateful for any hair, gray or not, but I don't like gray hair on me. Yet.
My strength is improving, but I can tell I'm not the same as I was before all this. I'm told it takes a long time, if ever, to get back to "normal".
If this is my new normal, I'm okay with it. I put my trust in God and He will see me through anything. Praise Him!

2 comments:

Sean and Lisa said...

I'll bet you're absolutely stunning with hair or without! Love that you are feeling better each day and isn't it a journey finding that "new normal"? But with God all things even a "new normal" is possible and can even be full of joy. My prayers for you continue.....

Unknown said...

I think you looked absolutely beautiful at the baseball game :)