Nine weeks ago I started a different round of chemo drugs. I must say that this round is sooo much better than the first round of poison. I'm still getting filled with poison but I'm tolerating it better and I actually feel human again. The first several weeks of it I had some parts of the day that I wasn't feeling very good, but these past few weeks have been a lot better.
I was put on a blood thinner because of a mass that was found on my heart. They didn't know exactly what it was, but they treated it as a blood clot. I had my heart looked at on Monday and that mass is gone. So it was a blood clot but I am still on the thinner for awhile yet. My liver enzymes have been going up the past two weeks (not good) so I had an ultrasound on my liver, also on Monday. My doctor did not get the results from that yet but if things do not look good, he will stop my chemo. He says he will not continue chemo if it is damaging my organs. I only have three more weeks of chemo to go, but stopping now would be great.
My hair is not growing back yet. I'm ready for hair again. I miss it. Even though there are some advantages....no washing, no drying, no styling, no shedding, no shaving of legs or armpits..... Disadvantages...winter weather = cold head, not very attractive, loss of eyelashes, hard to put mascara on the few that were left, and I won't even mention the problems of the loss of pubic hair. Yup...gone and problems come along with that loss. Ha!
God and lots of prayer have sustained me through these past four months and I am very grateful.
Still more to go through, but I believe the worst is over.
Thursday, March 27, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
You're still in my thoughts and prayers
Post a Comment