Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I cried at Walmart

I thought I was warming up to the fact that I will be losing my hair once chemo starts.
I was at Walmart tonight, so I browsed through the hat aisle in search of some nice but inexpensive hats that I would maybe like to wear. Yes they were inexpensive, and some were cute, but I started thinking about why I was buying these and I busted out crying. I walked away, composed myself, and ended up with no hats. I'm just not ready. I'm going to get my haircut really short, so the fallout won't be so dramatic. As of now, I'm OK with that, but that may change as it's happening. My hair is about 2 feet long from root to tip. I've had long hair for years and years. It's going to be such a shock! Lord help me.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Stephanie
I never know what to say,I'm not good with words but I am thinking about you.