
Today was voting day in our city. I love to go out and vote but today was different. Today was my first day as an election inspector. (such a fancy name) That just means I sit at the polls all day and get people prepared to vote. Take their name, check their ID, hand them a tally # and/or hand them a ballot. That kind of stuff is up my alley. I love forms and filling them in. Today was the first time in our state that people had to have a photo ID to vote. Most everybody had no problem with it. Only a few complained, but to me they seemed like the kind of people who complained about anything and everything. It was fun, but a loooooong day. I was there from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. I did get a one hour break for lunch. Next election is April 2 I believe, and I'll be there to help again. I always thought it was a volunteer job, but we do get paid. Not much ($128 before taxes) but it's better than nothing. The presidential election in November will be a lot crazier than today, but I'll be ready for it. It's a fun job. If you have the chance to do it, I say go for it. I mean, come on....who doesn't want the title "election inspector"?



1 comment:
Sounds like a cool job! Glad you like it!! Filling out forms is right up my alley, too :)
Post a Comment