Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I Solemnly Swear

I was in court today to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Back in July a friend and I were geocaching and ended up in a park looking for a geocache.
While looking for the cache, we heard a gunshot. A short time later we saw a man walking up the hill from the river. Two days later I am being questioned by the police about my whereabouts on that Friday afternoon.
This man "allegedly" shot his mom in the back of the head, and threw her body in the river.
So this morning I was on the witness stand telling them what I saw and heard. Even though they can't prove that he pulled the trigger, his mom's blood on his pants is enough for the court to take this to a trial. I will probably be called back to court again in the future to testify in front of a jury.
I wasn't nervous being up on the stand. I was not thrilled however that a TV station was filming this whole thing. I did get a compliment from the DA on the jacket I was wearing, so if I do happen to be on TV, at least I will look decent. HA.
I shouldn't laugh...a woman was killed by her own son. Allegedly. The family looked so sad in the court room. The "alleged " killer did too.
Interesting times in small town America.

7 comments:

April said...

Wow, Stephanie...that's pretty scary stuff! Unfortunately, we live in a world anymore where anything can happen at anytime.

amanda said...

i know the story you speak of. crazy. i will admit i giggled at the comment about the coat too.

Sean and Lisa said...

Holy smokes! How terribly sad....
and thank God he didn't turn the gun on you.
What a crazy world, huh?!

Bridget said...

Oh, that it awful!! Good luck at the trial.

Grace said...

Oh My Goodness!!!That would be scary stuff right there!!!I took the stand in July but it was for a bad bad man.He didn't kill anyone but sure hurt alot of kids.But geez killing mother...That's goin a bit far!

He & Me + 3 said...

Omgosh! Girl...that is stressful. WOW!

Amanda said...

I saw your brief news appearance on the local Fox station! I not only giggled about your coat (it was cute!) :) but also about the length of time you were on. It definitely summed up what you heard, I guess! Sad, scary story, though!