I took the plunge today and put my cute new swimsuit on and took the girls and myself swimming. They said I looked cute, and I felt cute. So I pranced myself out in front of everyone and entered the water. I sat in the shallow end for a long time while they went off to deeper waters. We were there for 3 hours and 2 and a half hours after we got there, I decided to actually get in the water instead of just sitting there in 3 inches of it. I figured if I was going to get splashed by every kid who passed by me I might as well get in all the way. I had such a fun time! I felt refreshed and clean and full of chlorine. We left the pool, ate supper, went to church, came home and then it hit. Holy Sunburn! My legs, which haven't seen the light of day for many years are feeling like I stepped on the porch of hell. Red and painful. Why oh why did I think that sitting in the cool water made me exempt from getting burned? What an idiot. I have about 4 bottles of lotion on them which immediately soaked in to my skin. I'm going to be a hurting unit for a few days, but don't feel sorry for me. I'm an idiot and my stupidity will just have to pay the price for awhile. I am sooo looking forward to the 90 degree, high humidity weather we have coming. Not! Idiot.
Oh...and here's a helpful hint. Don't shave your legs mere moments before you go swimming. The razor burn is unsightly and just adds to the sunburn pain. Idiot.
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Even if you're an idiot I still feel sorry for you. There is nothing worse than a sunburn!
I hope it gets better quickly-those are no fun. Aloe is awesome!
Glad you got some pool time in, though :)
Hope you feel better soon! I have to say when I read Holy Sunburn, I laughed out loud! :-)
Ugh! Sorry about your burns. :-(
I cringed through this entire thing.
And thanks for the FYI on the razor stubble. I'll keep that in mind.
Omgosh. I hope that you are now a bronzed beauty.
Post a Comment