Sunday, June 5, 2011

Observations

It was hot today, so I took the girls to the swimming pool. I sat and watched my kids swim and when I lost sight of them, I observed other things.

1) Teenage girls have no idea what a one piece swimsuit is. Tiny bikini's everywhere. Even on the not so tiny.
2) Teenage girls who have full make-up on and perfect hair will not get wet.
3) Teenage boys will try to get the above mentioned wet, much to the delight of the teenage girls.
4) If the teenage girls do get wet, they will run to the dressing room to dry off and re-do their hair and makeup.
5) When my girls are teenagers they will not be allowed to go to the pool.
6) Old men walking around alone with a video camera is a creepy sight.
7) Snacks cost waaaay too much.
8) Style of music is changed every hour. I was thrilled to have gotten there at the end of head banging, heavy metal hour.
9) Stepping in hot gum sucks.
10) Getting in for $1 instead of $3.50 because I wasn't going to swim is cool. It has crossed my to mind to try getting in for $1 when I actually am going to swim.

7 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

You are very observant. Those teenage girls...ugh I don't look forward to that age at all. It is so hard to be that age. My girls still know one piece.

Jane said...

Thank you for your comment

Bridget said...

LOL! These cracked me up!

amanda said...

i never was brave enough for a bikini...but i was one of those annoying girls for awhile. BLECH. totally giggled at your post though. :)

Cheeseboy said...

Oh, I did a whole post on the grossness public pools once and it was very much like this one. I need to revise it or just use this post.

Beth in NC said...

LOL ... you are too funny. Teen age girls. God bless them and protect them.

heidi said...

Creepy, indeed. *heeb*