School was over last Friday. Summer vacation has begun and I think I've heard "I'm bored" a dozen times already. Pools and beaches aren't open yet, but a nearby bowling alley has free bowling all summer for the kids. Actually they are happy if I take them to a park to play. Free and easy summer entertainment.
Perry starts a new job on Monday. He's been wanting to get away from traveling every week, so we started praying for a job closer to home. He'll be working for a company that is about 20-30 minutes from here. But...once he's trained over there, he will be transferring to their other building...get this...just a few blocks from our house! How's that for working closer to home Perry? For ten years he's traveled almost every week to places he's never even dreamed of. He's been to several different countries. Some safe, and some, very dangerous. He's been to parts of cities in the U.S. that even the locals won't go to. He missed a lot of his girls growing up. This job will have him home every night. He's more relaxed, and we look forward to a more "normal" life.
The girls are still sleeping, so I'm going to go enjoy some quiet time until they wake up.
Have a fun summer!
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Wow!!! That is awesome :-) It'll be so nice to have your Harley riding hunk around more often. :-)
YAAAY! Glad he will be closer to home! I know that is a blessing!!!
This is so great Stephanie!!! Congratulations on Perry's new job
School ends for our kids tomorrow...I'm sure mine will be boooooored by Saturday ;)
What a commute! That is awesome.
Enjoy that bowling!
Prayer works! congrats on his new job. I would love to move closer to my husbands work.
what a blessing on the job!!! how awesome!! yay! God is good!!
Yay! That is great news about Perry's job! I know you are thrilled to have him home each night! That is wonderful!
Post a Comment