Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sick or Snow?

It's all I seem to be writing about these days.
Are we sick? Or is there a ton of snow to talk about?
Happy to report we are not sick.
Unhappy to report that we have a ton more snow coming.
I just shoveled about 3 inches with about a foot more at the end of the driveway when the plow goes by and we have about 4-5 more inches coming.
It's wet and heavy and of course Perry is out of town, so I get to shovel it all by myself. It's really packy (just for you Cheeseboy) so I'm sure snowmen will be popping up around the city.

This was a picture that Abby drew when school was called off a few weeks ago.
I think we are having enough snow today to call off school.
They didn't, but this picture is fitting for today too. Her drawings make me laugh.

I don't know who this is supposed to be, but I can relate sometimes.

I go around to other blogs and see pictures of Spring popping up everywhere. Very nice, very encouraging.
Not very nice and not very encouraging here. Here's what I got of our Spring coming in a few weeks.

Even the birds won't come back.

Waiting and hoping.

9 comments:

April said...

I can't believe you still have THAT much snow! I think it's time to head south! It's been really warm here lately, but it's pouring down rain right now. I'm ready for the sun to pop back out, again!

Bridget said...

Man, that much snow and there was still school. I would be totally bummed too. I had to giggle at Abby's sad picture.

Sending some Spring vibes your way :)

Cheeseboy said...

Excellent, excellent use of the word packy. It doesn't get any better than that.

When it comes to spring, you are totally screwed.

Jane said...

Thank you for your comment

Jane said...

Thank you for your comment

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh girl. I feel your pain...just not that deep. I seriously am wondering if spring will ever arrive. So sick of winter and snow.

amanda said...

thankfully it's nice out this week!! woo hoo!! i'm sick of the snow as well. love the drawing. i must say that the drawing of you really represents your features. she's a fantastic artist!! :)

Saimi said...

Sick or Snow...can't you have both and just be sick OF snow? Wait maybe you are by the looks of that drawing!

I'm feeling for ya cause that's going to be soppity mess when it all melts!!

Hang in there :)

Anonymous said...

love her sad lady pic, thats how i feel on a monday morning on the way to work11