Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's Time to Celebrate

It's not a birthday celebration, nor am I celebrating the GB Packers Super Bowl win. (although I am celebrating the fact that the football season is finally over) I am celebrating the fact that I had 9, count 'em 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep! High 5's all around.

I cannot recall the last time I had close to that many hours of sleep.
There was no snoring husband. (out of town)
Which also means that there was no middle of the night bathroom visits by him.
No cat pawing (or husband pawing for that matter) and meowing in my face.
No children needing me to clean up their throw-up.
No snowplow cleaning up the street in front of my house.
No hot flashes causing me to throw the blankets off me numerous times throughout the night.
Even God was gracious to me. Many nights I'm awaken by Him to pray for someone or something. I used to fight Him and tell Him I'll pray in the morning, but I've learned to listen to Him right away, get the praying done, then He lets me go back to sleep.
I did wake up at 5:30 and was thrilled that I had 8 hours of sleep. I started my celebration, but next thing I know I'm waking up at 6:30.
So throw the confetti, blow the horn with the piece of paper that twirls out when you blow it, (does that have a real name?) and shout out some "woo-hoo's".


I had 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep and I am one happy and well rested girl.
I think I'll celebrate with a nap.



17 comments:

April said...

You definitely get a "Woo Hoo" from me! There's nothing much better than a good night's sleep! Hope it continues!

christy rose said...

Woo Hoo! 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep is definitely worth a celebration!! :)

Cheeseboy said...

Interesting. I've never heard someone fighting with God. That's a fight you'll never win.

9 hours is incredible. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Sean and Lisa said...

Definitely cause for celebrating by blowing that horn with paper coming out the end! LOL!
It's been years, years I tell ya since I've seen 9 hours of the inside of my eyelids. :)
Hopefully this celebration can continue for many 9 hour sleep nights for ya.
Much love!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hooray for sleep!!!

C.C. and Double T said...

Woohoo!!! :o)

Bridget said...

Woohoo! Glad you got some good rest last night!!

Beth E. said...

Woo-to-the-hoo! I'm not dealing with hot flashes anymore, but I am having issues with insomnia. Nine hours sounds wonnnnnderful!

Anonymous said...

I think I am actually going to do this....I love your blog and I think that many hours of sleep for a mother of 2 is a record- I can't remember sleeping that long! Congrats
Wava

Beth in NC said...

Wow! I can't imagine sleeping that long! I'm impressed! The best sleep I get is when I take some Nyquil. Ha.

UnicycleRose said...

Nothing wears one down more than lack of sleep. Happy to hear that you clocked in nine glorious hours of slumber!! Also, nice to hear that you reconnected with your old girlfriends!

Libbie said...

Now that IS something to celebrate!!! Someday! Someday I will will just copy your post & pretend it is mine :) Just kidding but I AM thinking that sounds heavenly!!!

~Mistee~ said...

hahahahaha!! I had to laugh out loud at this one! :-)

wife.mom.nurse said...

hope it's not too late to whoop it up!

Yeah for you!

It's not easy functioning on so little sleep :(

Wayne said...

Ahh, the good old 9 hour sleep, How I love those.Thanks for visiting my blog, take care

He & Me + 3 said...

I am so jealous. AMAZING.

heidi said...

Now THAT is a reason to celebrate! I'm officially jealous!!