Saturday, October 23, 2010

Castoff, 50 & Molly Ringworm



Phoebe got her cast off yesterday. The x-rays show that the bone still has some healing to do. For it to heal she needs to use it. She will still be using her crutches for 3 weeks.

While waiting for her to be called in, I was looking through a magazine. I got to an article about turning 50 and how to do it. WHAT! The people in the picture looked way older than 50. I'm going to turn 50 in a few short months. I could not get past the pictures of the "old" looking people. I never did read the article. Tears started forming at the realization that I will be 50 soon. I was being looked at strangely by my family. We got in to the exam room and when they started to cut off Phoebe's cast, I started tearing up again. The article about turning 50 was still on my mind, along with my child going through this process. My family thought I was strange again, and I had to turn to the wall so the nurse wouldn't see me in tears. Good grief! I'm fine today.

My other child has Molly Ringworm. I say this because the word ringworm sounds disgusting and horrible and dirty and deadly. That's a bit dramatic, but if I say she has Molly Ringworm then it sounds a little more accepting to me. It's just a little dry patch on her leg, smaller than a dime. Nothing major. She says it itch's like crazy though. Putting a special cream on it for 2 weeks will take care of it.

These were the highlights of my week.
Have a nice weekend.

13 comments:

Bridget said...

YAY for Phoebe getting her cast off!! She looks so excited to have it gone.

Hope Abigail's Molly Ringworm gets better soon!

Cheeseboy said...

Your right. Molly Ringworm just makes me think of awful 80's movies, not a horrid disease.

Happy day about the cast. I bet her leg was nasty afterward.

Anonymous said...

Molly Ringworm! I love it! Hooray for getting the cast off!!!

Melissa said...

yah for the cast off....boo for the 'molly' ringworm. hope abigail's ringworm gets better soon!

Sandra said...

Love the purple cast. She would have been stylin'!
As for Molly Ringworm...well, now I won't ever be able to look at that fabulous actress in the same way again! :)

amanda said...

molly ringworm. LOVE it. yay for the cast being taking off!! too bad it's too big to scrapbook it. lol. ((for the record i do not think you look anywhere NEAR 50.))

heidi said...

Glad Phoebe got the cast off. Sis had such a hard time learning to reuse her arm after hers was off. She was so afraid she would rebreak it and hurt it! Once she got past the fear, though, everything was fine.

Sorry about Molly Ringworm.

Wayne said...

I'm happy she has her cast off now and I am sure she will alot happier now that her leg is mended, well almost. I never had a cast on but I am sure that while they do good that they must be so anoying.

wife.mom.nurse said...

Molly Ringworm! LOL! You are just too funny!

I thought I had it a few months back and I was a bit mortified I must say. But, it was not. Thankfully Molly Ringworm is not as bad as she sounds anyway.

I am sorry about the 50 blues. Not a very nice article I must say! Step away from those magazines girl. Your b-day will not feel any different from today...and today you are awesome!

Take care,
Julie

Beth E. said...

Hooray for Phoebe! Sorry that your other child has ringworm, though. People don't realize that it's just a fungus, and not really a worm. lol

Turning 50 is a piece of cake, girl! Hang in there.

Blessings...
P.S. Stop by my blog sometime this week..I'm having a giveaway!!!

myletterstoemily said...

oh, fifty's not so bad. it's the new thirty! :)

sorry about the molly ringworm. been there,
done that!

i pray your daughter's leg strengthens
quickly.

Ca88andra said...

Just found your blog and had to read it as I turned 50 this year. I so hope I don't look like those "old" people yet! lol But seriously - 50 is not bad at all - besides I still feel 18 inside!

He & Me + 3 said...

Hope Molly clears up soon. LOL You do not look 50 at all. I am hoping to look as good as you when I turn 40 which is next year. :) You look great! As tony the tiger would say :)